DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Soul Knife Issues

I have a 3rd level rogue in my party and he has taken the soul knife sub-class and to make his life easier I went and added the Psychic blades to his character sheet. When doing so the information tab box appears to be disabled this is where you click to get some of the properties of the weapon. I have added a snipe it to this post. I also have the issue where the psychic blades are disappearing from the action tab in the character sheet. Also, FG does not recognize these attack actions as a magic attack for the purpose of overcoming resistances I had to add that my self.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Which ruleset are you referring to?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Add ,magic to the damage to make the damage magical (see screenshot). You could make the soul knife as an item in the item dialog, and you can then copy/paste the description into that and then add that to the player's inventory. Make sure in preparation mode that the items are equipped; that will stop them disappearing from the actions tab.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Is there any future plans to allow the blades to be viewed in combat mode like a short sword would be. Making things consistent and simple is better for people to feel comfortable using FG.
    Last edited by Opthsis; January 20th, 2021 at 21:59.

Quote Originally Posted by Opthsis View Post
    Is there any future plans to allow the blades to be viewed in combat mode like a short sword would be. Making things consistent and simple is better for people to feel comfortable using FG.
    No, because they aren't real items; it's an ability that this class has.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Well lol, what is a true real item when we are playing a fantasy game. When you read the description of the ability they act just like any conventional weapon: You can manifest your psionic power as shimmering blades of psychic energy. Whenever you take the Attack action, you can manifest a psychic blade from your free hand and make the attack with that blade. This magic blade is a simple melee weapon with finesse and thrown properties. Just thought there might have been some thinking out of the box to adapt it so it would be user friendly with online play.

Make a zero-weight weapon as an item, add it to the inventory, and the player can equip/unequip the item when summoning the blades.

(Edit: Just to add they shouldn't be automatically visible in combat mode, because they aren't automatically summoned when combat starts, combat mode should only show the weapons you have drawn and ready to use, which is determined by the inventory settings)

(Edit 2: hmm yeah was remembering the UA version, apologies.. . . just make the item and leave it permanently equipped)
    Last edited by The High Druid; January 21st, 2021 at 00:30.

Thread Information