FG Spreadshirt Swag

AD&D Question or How do I...

Hey, I hate to look stupid asking such a simple question but here goes:

I've been running a 5E game for a long while now and I like the automation built into the system BUT...my group has gotten accustomed to rolling their own saving throws (all kinds) thanks to Houdy's(I believe thats the author) beta of RFI++...

The question is: does the 2E AD&D ruleset allow that? Is there a way to request a saving throw or will it just auto roll it as soon as I call for it? I've tested a lot of features on my end but, I know somethings require a player to be connected before you see how it is really gonna work.

I don't have a problem dropping the $$$ for all the books but, I'd like to know before hand if this is a feature built in or if there is an extension that'll give us this functionality before I approach my players (and pass the hat).

Thanks in advance and go easy on the old guy, huh
    K

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfish View Post
    Hey, I hate to look stupid asking such a simple question but here goes:

I've been running a 5E game for a long while now and I like the automation built into the system BUT...my group has gotten accustomed to rolling their own saving throws (all kinds) thanks to Houdy's(I believe thats the author) beta of RFI++...

The question is: does the 2E AD&D ruleset allow that? Is there a way to request a saving throw or will it just auto roll it as soon as I call for it? I've tested a lot of features on my end but, I know somethings require a player to be connected before you see how it is really gonna work.

I don't have a problem dropping the $$$ for all the books but, I'd like to know before hand if this is a feature built in or if there is an extension that'll give us this functionality before I approach my players (and pass the hat).

Thanks in advance and go easy on the old guy, huh
    K
    The way 2E ruleset works is either you ask the players to roll or the caster casts the spell and the save is rolled automatically for all those targeted.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Thank you.

Thread Information