STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Problems setting up a starship

Hey new to FG but I'm running Attack of the Swarm and next session the PCs need to do some combat in the Terminus Wild. Oddly this starship isn't included as a object with the AotS module so I'm trying to build it myself.

I'm close but can't seem to add a Frame to my ship at all. First off when I tried to create a frame it added it as a type "frame" instead of "starship frame". I eventually figured this out and corrected it, but when I try to drag it into the Frame spot on the starship sheet I get a error: Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_charstarship.lua"]:751:attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)

I've created the starship as faithfully as I could with stats from the AP:
    Shields 40, Arcus Heavy power core, basic medium range sensors, No drift engine (yet)
    Systems: Crew quarters, Gyrolaser, laser net, light plasma torpedo launcher, mk2 duonode, mk3 armor, mk3 defenses
    Expansion bays: cargo hold, escape pods, guest quarters, recreation suite HAC

I've assigned the weapons to arcs and assigned roles for my crew. I can't edit Size at all, and maneuverability I can type in but not link anything (not sure if that's the right way to do it). I couldn't put speed in until I'd added it to the combat tracker, in there it let me add a speed that saved on the starship object. I tried it out on a map and I figure it's related to my frame setup problems but I can't get my ship to target or damage enemy ships via combat.

Below are a few snaps of my setup. Any idea where I went wrong or what I can do? I've tried starting from scratch with the TW2again and got the same results.
    TW1.pngTW2.pngTW3.png

Do you have the CRB purchased or not? If you do you should be able to find the frame in there.
    My Forge Page
    Discord: @evolivolution
    Ultimate License (FGU)
    Timezone: Z+1

The Number for speed is set when you drop thrusters from the list of items.
    I made a short .gif. Have a look.

https://gph.is/g/ajwqxJp

I will get the PC ship added to the module.
    Madman..
    Last edited by madman; January 20th, 2021 at 00:11.
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

No, just the AotS modules. I have a hardcopy of the core rulebook but I was trying to avoid paying for it twice. Are we not allowed to create custom frames?

No you are allowed to but it's easier to use existing ones, because wording is case sensitive in some cases. Download madmans mod and load it in your campaign. I assume it has the finished ship in it.
    My Forge Page
    Ultimate License (FGU)

Thanks for the video, however I don't have Frames or thrusters available to choose from so I'm trying to do that as a created custom item. Didn't even know I needed thrusters they were not listed in source material.

IIRC the starship sheet uses links so without the core book it will not work for you.
    I made that module, so i will get the PC ship added to it.

You can create your own. They will have to be the exact format though, to get them to work properly.

Madman..
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

If you still want to create the items yourself, here is how they would look: Screenshot (1).png
    (I believe this is okay to share even if it is content from a purchasable module... just delete post if it's not)
    My Forge Page
    Ultimate License (FGU)

Thanks for the screenshot that REALLY helped out. I'm now able to get the frame added and thrusters. I think my issue was a misformatted mount value.

So I got this added went back to the starship combat screen and I'm still unable to target another ship with the TW. No errors are thrown. Any ideas on on what to tweak next? Or do I just need to wait for the update?

TW4.PNG

Also am I just missing it or is there a severe lack of documentation on how to build starships? I couldn't find anything on the wiki and the only video tutorial I found shows an interface that no longer exists.
    Last edited by kmcculler; January 20th, 2021 at 14:55.

Can you specify that a bit more please? Can you just staight up not target another ship in the combat tracker, or is it a problem with attacking? Maybe a screenshot of your combat tracker could help as well.
    My Forge Page
    Ultimate License (FGU)

Thread Information