5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Thanks man. That was helpful, now it worked. However, now I have the next problem: When I start the campaign I get an error message saying:

Error-loading data
    Ruleset:
    Error: Unable to load ruleset file (base.xml)
    Do you want to try to reloading the data? No / Yes

What ever I click, no or yes, I am returned to the launcher.

Thanks for all your assistance.

Which ruleset are you selecting? A freely available ruleset, like 5E?

If you get this error when creating a new D&D 5e campaign: when at the launcher click the folder icon in the top right. This will open Windows File Explorer at the FG App Data directory. This is where campaigns, rulesets, library modules, etc. are stored.

There should be a number of directories - campaigns, characters, docs, extensions, modules, portraits, rulesets, tokens, utilities, vault. If these don't exist, run and update. If they do exist, check that there is a 5e.pak and CoreRPG.pak file in the rulesets directory.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Now that sounds like the data folder hasn't populated. Did you successfully update FG? Is there anything in the data folder? Click the folder icon top left of the start screen and pots a screenshot of the contents. You may have to set permissions in order to allow FG to access that folder.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Hi guys, thanks for your advice. On the questions:

- I would like to run the SavageWorlds ruleset, which I have bought. And which is also in the FG appdata folder.

- The FG data folder in appdata is populated, structure is as follows and folders are filled with stuff:

AddOns
    campaigns
    characters
    docs
    extensions
    modules
    portraits
    rulesets
    tokens
    utilities
    vault

plus some other files:
    console
    GlobalRegistry
    install
    update

And @Trenloe to your last point, yes, those 2 files (5e and CoreRPG) are in the rulesets folder.

Quote Originally Posted by Michel13 View Post
    And @Trenloe to your last point, yes, those 2 files (5e and CoreRPG) are in the rulesets folder.
    Try creating a D&D 5e test campaign - does that work?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Funny. That works. Should we change to D&D? My players will not be amused. =) What does this tell you, that this works, but the other not?

And an addition: My test runs for connections always show "failure", which is also strange, port forwarding is the same as with the last computer, router etc also the same, but the new laptop will not connect. Also disabled the McAfee firewall that comes with the laptop - no change. Really funny... Never had such a complicated experience with the good ol FG...

Thanks for all your help.

What does this tell you, that this works, but the other not?
    The 5e and CoreRPG ruleset are installed as standard. The SavageWorlds ruleset will be installed if you run an update after you purchase it - and you've logged into your FG account in the settings before running an update. Your purchases are linked to your FG account.

And an addition: My test runs for connections always show "failure", which is also strange, port forwarding is the same as with the last computer, router etc also the same, but the new laptop will not connect.
    Your laptop probably has a different IP address to your previous computer. Make sure the TCP port 1802 port forwarding is pointing to the IP address of your laptop.

I did all that. Several times. The Savage Worlds ruleset also shows in data folder. Portforwarding also matches to IP adress of new laptop...

I did all that. Several times. The Savage Worlds ruleset also shows in data folder.
    Please provide a screenshot of your <FG app data>\rulesets directory with full details (showing date and size).

Are you creating a new campaign using SavageWorlds or SWD?

Portforwarding also matches to IP adress of new laptop...
    I suggest you got through the first two posts in this thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ions-Explained And if that doesn't work, post in that thread the answers to the questions in the first post.

Thread Information