STAR TREK 2d20
Page 4 of 4 First ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Michel13 View Post
    That anything to consider? Thank you.
    I think we're a post behind! Please see my post immediately above (#28).
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

On another note: When I migrated the FG data folder with the structure mentioned in #14 from the old onto the new computer I copied the entire folder content, not just the campaigns folder, thereby overwriting some stuff from the FG server. Could that have caused the problem?
    As long as you ran an update after, it should be OK from a base FG perspective. But maybe not from an extension perspective.

When was the last time you used the old campaign?
    What extensions are you using?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Okay, back to your #28 - that could be it: it shows "SavageWorlds3", not "SWD" - tho that is the version I bought back in 2012...

Edit: And the new SW campaign I just created as test shows as "SWD". Funny...
    Last edited by Michel13; January 20th, 2021 at 22:05.

Yeah, just catching up.... =) I ran the old campaign last time yesterday, but on the old computer in the end. Extensions, nothing, have the Rippers theme installed, but we don't use that, just pure Savage Worlds.

Okay, back to your #28 - that could be it: it shows "SavageWorlds3", not "SWD" - tho that is the version I bought back in 2012...
    Wow! You haven't used that in a while... Hopefully we can get you up-and-running...

Try this, all working against your old campaign:
    1) On the FG start screen, click the folder icon to open File Explorer. Go to the "campaigns" directory. Make a backup copy of the directory with the name of the campaign. This is just in case something goes wrong, so you don't use your data.
    2) In file explorer, go into the directory with the name of your SavageWorlds3 ruleset campaign. Edit the "campaign.xml" file, and change <ruleset>SavageWorlds3</ruleset> to <ruleset>SWD</ruleset>
    3) Stop and restart FG.
    4) Try to load your old campaign - it should now show SWD as the ruleset. You may get some errors. If so, exit back to the launcher and reload the campaign again.

Thread Information