Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

FG not installing

Hi folks,

I am just trying to migrate my FG GM stuff to a new computer. Followed the instructions, but had to delete everything and re-install. Now if I open the exe-folder and allow installation the usual FG menu opens but nothing else happens. What can I do to restart installation?

Thanks for advice
    M

I'm not sure what your problem is. Can you please give more details?

Have you followed all of the steps detailed here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...Setup_Tutorial
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks man. I do as the tutorial says. But after installing / updating, no FG folders appear on my computer, no FG references at all, neither in the appdata, nor in the user folder. Any advice?

Plus, no icon to start FG, nowhere. =)

Have successfully ran on update (step 9)?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Make sure that your anti virus hasn't quarantined FG (if you have followed all the steps Trenloe pointed you to).
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thank you. So the thing is: I download the "FGWebInstall" and open it, but then instead of running the standard installation of FG, I am directly shown the "FG Updater", not the usual start screen of FG (step 1 in tutorial, I am directly moved to step 9 and nothing happens). I can then do the steps in between and it runs an update, but still after it I nowhere have the standard start icon of FG, so I cannot get to the start screen. That's kinda strange... Help appreciated. M

Blog Entries
    What operating system and version are you installing on? What language/region is your computer set to?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Look for a file called FantasyGrounds.exe - on an English Windows installation it will be under "C:\Program Files (x86)\Fantasy Grounds", this might be "C:\Programme (x86)\Fantasy Grounds" on a Windows German installation. - if FantasyGrounds.exe is there, then create a shortcut for that file and run that to start Fantasy Grounds. If that directory exists, and there are some files in it (but not FantasyGrounds.exe) then that file is probably being blocked by your security/anti-virus software.

Thread Information