FG Spreadshirt Swag

Spell Lookup Failure - Volo's Hag Coven Template

I am trying to make a custom Hag Coven using the rules in Volo's Guide to Monsters

In this section it says:
    instructions: Make a copy of this template and the hag that you wish to edit. Click on the lock icons on the copies to enable edits. On the Hag you want to edit click on the edit button at the end of the Traits line and click the green button to add a new trait. Enter 'Spellcasting' into the new line and then copy one of the spellcasting sections shown below and paste it into the line below the heading you just entered, just like it is in this example. Make sure that the text and spells are copied exactly as noted below. If necessary add a Spell Save DC and an attack to the correct values (Spell Save DC x, +x to hit with spell attacks), on the line which ends; "Her Spellcasting ability is [Ability name]. Note, that you will only need to do this if you want to override the automatic calculation of the spell save DC and attack; for example the Hag may have a magic item which adds a bonus to her spell save DC and/or attack. Now delete all of the spells that are already in the Hag (including any Innately Cast ones) and close the NPC sheet. When it is re-opened the spells will populate.
    I do this, and make a custom Hag, and copypast it as explained above:
    The text I copy in is:

Whilst in a Death Coven the Hag is a 12th-level spellcaster. Her Spellcasting ability is Intelligence. The Coven knows the following spells:

1st level (4 slots): false life, inflict wounds2nd level (3 slots): gentle repose, ray of enfeeblement3rd level (3 slots): animate dead, revivify, speak with dead4th level (3 slots): blight, death ward5th level (2 slots): contagion, raise dead6th level (1 slot): circle of death
    I then open and close as instructed, and get the following error:

Failed spellcasting lookup on 5 spell(s) for (Marlin - Sea Hag). Make sure your spell module(s) are open.
    Spell lookup failures: inflict wounds 2nd level (3 slots): gentle repose, ray of enfeeblement 3rd level (3 slots): animate dead, speak with dead 4th level (3 slots): blight, death ward5th level (2 slots): contagion, raise dead 6th level (1 slot): circle of death
    The spells it does work for is False Life and Revivify, all others fail.

I can't seem to figure out why these work fine, but all others fail? - These are all player handbook spells, and style-wise, these two spells are no differently formated from the others. I tried out some spaces, commas - PHB is loaded, I can see the spells in my spells tab.

Can you screenshot your NPC. It's hard to know exactly what the issue might be without one.

The last video here may also be of help https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l-Video-Series
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Here is a screenshot of the character, the plan is to insert this into all 3 hags of the coven, but until I get this one working, I have not tried it on them.
    MarlinTheSeaHag.png

Ah, watched your video, the spells need to be on their own line. That's not how they are listed in Volos Guide to Monsters, should be flagged as a bug, as it states to not change the format on how it is written.
    Last edited by matshelge; January 19th, 2021 at 18:10.

Quote Originally Posted by matshelge View Post
    Ah, watched your video, the spells need to be on their own line. That's not how they are listed in Volos Guide to Monsters, should be flagged as a bug, as it states to not change the format on how it is written.
    Pretty much exactly how it's written in the template.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information