STAR TREK 2d20

Token Sizing/Clarity Issues

Hello. This is my first post although I've been lurking and absorbing for years. Loving Unity despite it's quirks, but this issue has me stumped.

I've made my own tokens for my current campaign, but as you can see from the attached image the quality of these tokens varies greatly even though when I view the files on my computer their quality does not seem to differ. Of the 6 PCs I have in the campaign, only two appear of good quality while the other four do not. I've done everything I can to ensure that all the settings in Photoshop are exactly the same, I've checked the original image resolutions, and made sure to do everything the same way when adding an asset (token) to a PC sheet, adding the token to the combat tracker, and the combat tracker token to the map. Yet, the result is the same. The one thing that makes me suspect FG over PS is the way it places the bottom/right token in the grid, where it sizes it a little smaller and adds lines as though drawing a square around it.

/shrug - I can certainly live with it as they aren't too bad when zoomed out, but it'd be great if someone could help.

Thanks so much and keep up the good work to the FGU team!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Do you have the Auto-scale to grid setting enabled? Is it at the default 80% of grid?

At 80% I get the box around the whole thing. Turning it off makes it look like my original screenshot, which was set at 100%. Thanks for the help!

Attachment 42998

Blog Entries
    What are teh pixel sizes of the images before you import them? What file format? Compression amount?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Hi LordEntrails. Thanks for the response. They're both 600x600 pixels when opening them up in simple paint to see the size numbers. They both look equally clear. Both .PNGs. Honestly, I'm not sure about the compression amount or how to find that, but, like I mentioned, all tokens were exported with the same settings via Photoshop and you can see how they both look in Paint side by side (see attached).

Thanks for your continued efforts to help me.

Sidebyside.jpg

Blog Entries
    I'm at a loss. And pretty much these are just WAGs and may be a waste of your time...

If you browse to the tokens vi the assets and drag them to the map, do they look the some? What about if you create a new PC and select the token as a portrait (by double clicking on the empty portrait frame) and then let FG create the token from them? Maybe if you try different ways to assign the token to the PC? via the CT or through draggin on token on character sheet, or?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Are you really sure you added those tokens as tokens? When you add them as portrait, it often automatically creates a token for that portrait which has often worse quality than the original source It looks like that. Make sure you drag&drop the asset to the token (not the portrait) slot, and also drag it to the CT token slot to be really sure

I had a similar issue with this in the past and what Kelrugem said worked for me, you'll notice that when you add a token as a portrait it will automatically add a map token as well, but it's smaller than normal for some reason.

Oh man, that was totally the issue! Such a simple, subtle distinction but totally my bad. I noticed it on the combat tracker as well. If I pull from portrait it has that little box and is a little smaller. From token it looks good. Thanks so much for everybody's help and especially to Kelrugem!

Thread Information