STAR TREK 2d20

Creating 3.5e Prestige Class spells

Hello all, still rather new at FG and FG Unity. Coming from two other VTTs we have used in the past, one of which we used for a long long time. I was playing around with creating classes last night. We play 3e/3.5e D&D and house rule our skill points (2,4,6,8 becomes 6,7,8,9) and made spot and listen class skills for everyone, and that was easy enough to copy the various base classes and modify my copies with these changes. I was looking at how to add prestige classes that have +1 to existing (arcane/divine) spellcasting class. I see there is a Class Feature for the base classes called Spells at the appropriate level they first gain spells, and I assume that maps to a spell list in the underlying files/code somewhere in FG. If I add that class feature to a PrC how does it know which spell progression table to use? Will it choose Wizard or Sorcerer? Or even Cleric? Or will it just punt? What about some crazy PrC like the Arcane Hierophant that gains a level in spells in both arcane and divine spellcasting each Arcane Hierophant level? Is this doable when making a class in the classes window? Or do we just have to do it manually in the character?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by amazingronaldo View Post
    Hello all, still rather new at FG and FG Unity. Coming from two other VTTs we have used in the past, one of which we used for a long long time. I was playing around with creating classes last night. We play 3e/3.5e D&D and house rule our skill points (2,4,6,8 becomes 6,7,8,9) and made spot and listen class skills for everyone, and that was easy enough to copy the various base classes and modify my copies with these changes. I was looking at how to add prestige classes that have +1 to existing (arcane/divine) spellcasting class. I see there is a Class Feature for the base classes called Spells at the appropriate level they first gain spells, and I assume that maps to a spell list in the underlying files/code somewhere in FG. If I add that class feature to a PrC how does it know which spell progression table to use? Will it choose Wizard or Sorcerer? Or even Cleric? Or will it just punt? What about some crazy PrC like the Arcane Hierophant that gains a level in spells in both arcane and divine spellcasting each Arcane Hierophant level? Is this doable when making a class in the classes window? Or do we just have to do it manually in the character?

Thanks!
    Hi

Just add that class feature, and name and phrase it as in the books It is indeed automated, but since FG cannot know what spellclass to level you will get a pop-up window asking which spell/action class to choose

Thread Information