Starfinder Playlist

PF1 - Spells Missing Description After Dragging From Module

Last night, while playing in a PF1 game I noticed that spells that I dragged from a spell module onto my character sheet were missing their descriptions after dragging.

I did some investigation this morning and determined that:
    - This is specific to FGU, I cannot reproduce it in FGC.
    - It only reproduces on the client side. When dragging spells to a character sheet while running as host it works just fine.
    - Reproduces with several different spell modules: PFRPG - Spellbook and PFRPG Archive Spells (I tried using PFSRDCompletePaizoSpells but it will not load in Unity due to a bad encoded character somewhere in the XML).
    - Reproduces with no extensions loaded.

I have been able to replicate your findings in FGU.

Using the same set up as you described I get the same results (no extensions loaded). The spell descriptions do not get copied over to the spell on the character sheet. I tested this with spells from the Pathfinder Core Rulebook and from the PFRPG - Spellbook module.

Interestingly I can get the descriptions to copy over to the spells on the character sheet if I use the PFRPG Spell Description Formatting extension.

Thanks for reporting.

It ended up being a very low level issue, and player-only issues are always a joy to track down. Luckily, not many scripts delete a database node and then immediately replace with a new one with the same name, like the 3.5E spell script does. The data is actually correctly stored on the host, but not visible until player releases and re-acquires PC, or reloads session.

It will be fixed in the next release.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information