5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 3 of 10 First 12345 ... Last
    Here is my folder in size:

Images = 1.00 GB (8270 Files)
    Tokens = 4.95 MB (60 Files)
    Portraits = 2.62 MB (12 Files)

Please know that I keep these in the data folders root not the campaign folder as I like to use them across other campaigns and it just makes it easier, if this is wrong please let me know.

2021-01-29 07_36_27-images.png

1 GB in 8270 files is a lot of assets.

Can you try a test where you temporarily remove/rename most of the assets (maybe leave a few), start a brand new campaign, and see if you encounter the same lag?

I want to see if the number/size of assets is a contributing factor in your setup.

Thanks,
    JPG

So I tried just that this morning, removed all Images, Tokens, Portraits. Cleared the cache in FGU and created a new campaign, Loaded the DMG Mod and Dragon of Icespire Peak MOD (To get a map and an NPC). Created an example character and put them and one NPC on the CT. Added them to the map and same issue exists.

I know I have seen others having similar issues. I have informed them to come post their hardware specs on this post in hopes that maybe we can figure this out. My session was all but stopped last night due to lag (admittedly I have a player that has to constantly move his token, like a kid with ADHD he cant sit still.) I don't want to have to stop players from moving their tokens but even if I do the issue persists.

Can you provide a screenshot of all the windows open on the screen when it is happening?
    Also, can you send a copy of the new campaign that only uses the built-in materials that has the issue, so I can try here?

I'm trying to see if we can nail down what is triggering what you are seeing; since I can't reproduce locally. (number of windows, types of windows, type of data loaded, amount of data loaded, type/amount of assets loaded, etc.)

Regards,
    JPG

Here you go, I am attaching empty campaign with zip, walkthrough step by step images in zip and video:

https://youtu.be/59rQ-4EgAx0

It seems even with only the two modules loaded moving the token still causes lag.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Psycholiquid71; February 4th, 2021 at 16:35.

So reading through another one of your threads you are helping with and I saw the /vsync 0 command I set it to 0 to see if it helps and it does a bit. Now knowing I have a really good video card maybe that will help you narrow it down some?

Still the same three seconds of lag just father apart on how long it take between doing it.

I have also gone ahead and turned off vertical Sync on my card all together to see if that helps it more or anything Ill update as I get results.

With those changes I can now have everything turned on Mods and Ext's and LOS / Effects and I only get the lag ever 1:17 and it is still 3 seconds of lag. So it is def something odd but specific.
    Last edited by Psycholiquid71; February 4th, 2021 at 20:41.

Going to attempt to put all this data and FGU on a VM today to see if get the same result. Will update with what I find.

After moving FGU to a VM and testing I am seeing the same result. This is a VM in a different space on different internet. (Using SSHD SAN to test the results.)

Went through and removed all Masks form all maps. Same result. More testing and will report back.

Unplugged internet and still get the issue so it is something def with my machine and FGU.

So I am watching resource monitor when it does it it drops the GPU all the way down to 0%

https://i.imgur.com/0qNrWcJ.jpg

Not sure why moving a token would use less GPU and then hang until it lets go.
    Last edited by Psycholiquid71; February 5th, 2021 at 19:37.

Well throwing a 1200$ video card solved it for the test campaigns. Switched to a AMD Radeon 6800 16GB and on the test campaigns it no longer does the lag or GPU drop when moving the tokens around.

However my original campaign which I have been playing since I got FGU still does it so time to rebuild that from scratch and see if I can find what caused it to mess up.

Blog Entries
    Moon Wizard posted on another thread that some video cards are ignoring the Unity refresh rate settings.
    Is there an option in your GFX card software to manually limit to 60fps for Fantasy Grounds only?

Unsure I just bought this one to try and combat the lag issue (which in any case I am seeing a lot of people start to complain about). I will definitely try and find that today, Please don't take any of my posts as complaining I am truly trying to figure out what is the root causes of this so that everyone can benefit from my findings.

I know no one has come out and said I am complaining but I just want to put it out there I am honestly trying to troubleshoot the issue to get in front of it and share whatever I find to try and fix it for the greater good of FGU. I truly do love this software.

As of right now I have a machine broken down to just one stick of ram (8GB) the SSD and the video card and testing with a new campaign with one module and one PC. I am using one map with effect but no mask and everything seems fine. The only lag I am now seeing is the typical you open a new windows (table or otherwise) and it lags for a second there or when it autosaves which is around every 15 mins (I am guessing I will be timing today)

I am thinking because it is a flat file system (DB) that is probably some of the problem and no amount of hardware I throw at it will help. I even put it on a VM at work with a SSHD SAN as the hardware for the drives and 128GB of ram and it still did some lag.

But all that being said I'm willing to put in the time to try and get this resolved.

Thread Information