Starfinder Playlist
Page 9 of 10 First ... 78910 Last
    I just tried to recreate the scenario you showed in the video with the current Test build.

I could get a small hesitation when constantly moving the token back and forth about every 5 seconds; but it was perhaps a quarter second. Are you seeing something different with the current Test build?

Thanks,
    JPG

Testing,

Same issue. Tried on clean campaign and current campaign.

Link to Campaigns:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NsP...ew?usp=sharing
    Last edited by Psycholiquid71; April 17th, 2021 at 15:09.

This is when I realized that you are using an AMD FX CPU. Please try to set CPU affinity to cores 0/2/4/6/8 via Task-Manager -> Details -> right-click on fantasygrounds.exe -> Set Affinity.

I also wonder that you are now experiencing the issue on a clean campaign when originally you posted that a new campaign did work? What changed in between?

Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    This is when I realized that you are using an AMD FX CPU. Please try to set CPU affinity to cores 0/2/4/6/8 via Task-Manager -> Details -> right-click on fantasygrounds.exe -> Set Affinity.

I also wonder that you are now experiencing the issue on a clean campaign when originally you posted that a new campaign did work? What changed in between?
    Please go see post 14 I proved with a clean campaign that it has the issue.

Of course there is no 8 in cores as all computer hardware start with 0 so not sure if you meant 0/2/4/6 or not but I am willing to give it a try.

But I really shouldn't have to do this and I am sure I am not the only person in all of FGU using this processor.

I don't doubt you, just wondered if the original "new campaign worked better" was a one-off or if something technically reproducible changed.

The reason why I asked you to test using only even numbered cores is because the AMD FX series comes with "compromised" cores where two cores share several resources. Windows keeps switching software threads around cores to spread heat which caused people (micro)stutters with AMD FX series (particularly in games). Testing this takes less than a minute of your time and makes sure that your specific CPU architecture is not to be blames.

All that being said, (micro)stutters will keep happening with FGU's current state of optimizations and almost everything running on a single core. I posted a screenshot demonstrating that I sometimes get fps drops (and corresponding lag) down to every second. These drops are less than a second long, though, certainly not 2 (on a 9900K that is).

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ry-2-5-seconds.

Garbage collection was named back then, too, but then the thread died and I did not hear back from devs anymore.

I just re-read my old thread and noticed that changing /vsync had an impact on my regular spikes. Try that as a workaround and to report back how it affects your own experience.

Tried the vsync a while back. However, tried the Clean Campaign with only the modules and it seems to only hang for a second every so often. Not hardly as much as before so I am wondering now if there is something in the campaign that is causing it to show its nasty head a lot more. I am going to try and add in some stuff to the clean one today (Another copy so I can keep a base that I know works) and see if I can pinpoint what may be bringing the hang to the front.

Also watch for short CPU spikes when the dropouts happen. Don't look for 100% CPU load, but rather for around 12%.

Nope still doing it, the more I add the worse it gets. Same CPU and GPU effects as all times before. Will wait for more updates to come out and try it again later. Got Talespire to mess with in the mean time.
    Last edited by Psycholiquid71; April 17th, 2021 at 16:57.

Thread Information