STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 10 123 ... Last

3 seconds of lag ever 15 seconds

I am having an issue in Unity that I get 3 seconds of lag every 15 seconds. (I have extensively timed it)

I have gone as far as to format and reload my machine and load everything from scratch.

Attached are the logs

Here are my Computer specs:

2021-01-17 13_11_10-.png
    Attached Files Attached Files

Seems to be something in the campaign I have, I started a new one and everything is fine.... Back to the drawing boards

I have always had it lag every 15 or so seconds. Especially noticable when drawing LOS lines and figures. Wondering now if it is a campaign only issue.

Quote Originally Posted by JesterOC View Post
    I have always had it lag every 15 or so seconds. Especially noticeable when drawing LOS lines and figures. Wondering now if it is a campaign only issue.
    Not real sure I have done a lot of testing and it seems it is an FGU issue. LOS makes it worse but with no LOS on any map it still does it only 3 seconds of lag ever 45 seconds. Either way very annoying.

Ok more testing with this. Turned off all mods and exts created a map and put 6 tokens on it with a myst overlay running constantly. I let it run for 4:38 seconds and no lag. As soon as I touched a token to drag it, it lagged for about a second then let go. So it would seem there is an issue with Untiy that is causing this. But not sure why. Keep in mind I have no users connected. If one does connect it compunds.

Experiment setup:

No mods / Exts
    Created map with no LOS or Mask
    Added Myst effect as test
    Added 6 tokens to map as test
    Running game in Cloud mode.
    Runs fine for over 4 mins without issue.

As soon as I drag an icon I get a second to 2 seconds of lag then rince repeat. The time in beetween differs depending on if I touch the tokens or not, if I grab one and constantly move it around the time to lag greatly decreases.

Can you describe exactly what you mean by lag?

If you could do a short video that could greatly help understand the issue.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I'll get on making one now

Quote Originally Posted by Psycholiquid71 View Post
    As soon as I drag an icon I get a second to 2 seconds of lag then rince repeat. The time in beetween differs depending on if I touch the tokens or not, if I grab one and constantly move it around the time to lag greatly decreases.
    My group has experienced this. In fact, we've been on a break from FG for quite a number of months because whenever we tried to play, the lag made it totally unusable that we gave up out of frustration. The fact that someone else is experiencing it now doesn't fill me with confidence about returning to our games.

Quote Originally Posted by Surge View Post
    My group has experienced this. In fact, we've been on a break from FG for quite a number of months because whenever we tried to play, the lag made it totally unusable that we gave up out of frustration. The fact that someone else is experiencing it now doesn't fill me with confidence about returning to our games.
    Trying to get good video now, just formatted thinking my problem was my computer so having to reload all my software for capturing.

Quote Originally Posted by Surge View Post
    There was general slowness issues early on in FGU. There has been a lot of optimizations over the last few months, and there are still more to come. It's a lot better than it was but there is still room for improvement. I don't think the OPs issue is the same as the lag you experienced a number of months ago, it seems to be quite specific which is why we're looking to get a bit more info on exactly what is happening.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information