DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Can't change race/theme once selected?

New to FG and Starfinder both. I'm sure this is a pretty noob question, but there seems to be certain things on my character sheet that I can't change once I've selected them. Specifically, I can't seem to figure out how to switch theme or race. What did I miss?

Yes these things aren't changeable once you chose them. You pick them once when you create the character and then you don't change them anymore.
    If you wanted you could edit the XML file to change them. Usually a character doesn't change race, theme and classes though so this shouldn't be the norm.
    My Forge Page
    Discord: @evolivolution
    Ultimate License (FGU)
    Timezone: Z+1

Quote Originally Posted by Evolivolution View Post
    Yes these things aren't changeable once you chose them. You pick them once when you create the character and then you don't change them anymore.
    If you wanted you could edit the XML file to change them. Usually a character doesn't change race, theme and classes though so this shouldn't be the norm.
    Really? Is there a technical reason these things aren't changeable? Seems oddly harsh to make players delete and re-create a character if they do want to make changes to a character, or even just experiment with the creator.

Well I can only make assumtions about the technical side. What I know for sure is that you usually don't change race and theme in a campaign so there wouldn't be a need to change these in your PC's sheet.
    My Forge Page
    Ultimate License (FGU)

Quote Originally Posted by Evolivolution View Post
    Well I can only make assumtions about the technical side. What I know for sure is that you usually don't change race and theme in a campaign so there wouldn't be a need to change these in your PC's sheet.
    Sure, but it being unusual doesn't seem like a great reason for the program, itself, to restrict it. It makes it rather newbie-unfriendly, as new players are not unlikely to want to make character adjustments as they play their beginning games and learn the mechanics. Heck, it seems like it'd even be a hassle for experienced players that like to go back and tweak a character before it's played without redoing all the other parts of the character.

I can't argue with that
    My Forge Page
    Ultimate License (FGU)

Thankfully this is one of the first steps in creating a character and it is easy to create a new one at this point in creation.

Would be nice. Not sure this is a thing in any of the rulesets. I could be wrong though.

Madman..
    Last edited by madman; January 24th, 2021 at 23:33.
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

This is extremely counter intuitive and clumsy.

What if you wanted to see how your race or class changed for your stat or skill set? You can't do that with having the race, class, and theme all locked once you select them.

We need to be able to change these values whenever we want.

Blog Entries
    To build full transactional tracking and roll back functionality increases the complexity significantly.
    It takes 5 minutes to build a toon from whoa to go. build a couple in parallel and compare them.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    To build full transactional tracking and roll back functionality increases the complexity significantly.
    This, 100% this
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

Thread Information