DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    To build full transactional tracking and roll back functionality increases the complexity significantly.
    It takes 5 minutes to build a toon from whoa to go. build a couple in parallel and compare them.
    I admittedly don't know a lot about the internals of FG, but I don't see why you couldn't just have a callback run to refresh the character when a change gets made. It seems like a lot of the race and theme bonuses need to be manually entered, anyway. I guess there must indeed be some technical limitation getting in the way.

Barring the ability to easily change a character, it sure would be nice if players could drag and drop things like equipment from one sheet to another and have them function correctly (currently I see they don't copy over with their bulk or populate the actions tab). Would help hasten character rebuild a bit.
    Last edited by Hamsterkill; January 24th, 2021 at 22:38.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamsterkill View Post
    I admittedly don't know a lot about the internals of FG, but I don't see why you couldn't just have a callback run to refresh the character when a change gets made.
    I deal with this all the time for my real life job. People who don't program never understand the complexities of how difficult it is to do something, thinking it is something like 3 lines of code to write....it never is. something like this is probably 1000-2000 lines of code to write, adding more complexity (and more failure points) to the code and size the the campaign database
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

Thread Information