DICE PACKS BUNDLE

FATE Ruleset automations/features

Hi,
    which automations/features have the FATE Ruleset (that one purchasable in the store)?

FATE was once showed in the smiteworks home page between the systems officially supported by FG (along with D&D, 13th Age, etc): I noticed that actually FATE is not more present in such home page... Why?

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Check in your rulesets folder. Isnt Fate Core already there?
    Yes, but what about the FATE core purchasable in the shop? I was asking about it..

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Its PWYW.
    If you like it and play with it you should consider paying $5 towards the product.
    Are the FATE cores present in the ruleset folder and that one in the shop page different products or are they identical?

Blog Entries
    You can read the description in the Store: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store...id=EHP0001EFG2

This is a "pay what you like" Fantasy Grounds edition of Fate Core, priced at $5. If you would like to pay more than $5, simply increase the quantity. (So, add 2 to your cart to pay $10, etc.) If you like, you can just download Fate Core System in your regular updates, for free. Come back and make your purchase if you think it should be worth more than zero bucks.

FATE is on a pay-what-you-want basis. The store purchase doesn't add anything extra but the publisher gets money from the purchase.
    There's very little automation in the ruleset itself. The ruleset has character sheet, NPC sheet, combat tracker, and library (FATE SRD) functionality.

The latest version (1.4) has skill editing and a choice of skill ordering in options.
    - Skills list made local to the campaign.
    Initially copied from the default skills ruleset, the skills are editable from the Options window
    - Option added to select the order for the skills list
    Name => order the skills by Name
    Value => order the skills by descending Bonus value and then Name
    - Removal of hard-coded strings from scripts
    Using Ultimate license - that means anyone can play.
    Valarian's Fantasy Grounds Rulesets

Quote Originally Posted by Valarian View Post
    FATE is on a pay-what-you-want basis. The store purchase doesn't add anything extra but the publisher gets money from the purchase.
    There's very little automation in the ruleset itself. The ruleset has character sheet, NPC sheet, combat tracker, and library (FATE SRD) functionality.
    Understood: the shop purchase is identical to the default ruleset (included in FG). Thank you.

Could you please clarify also my second question? > FATE was once showed in the smiteworks home page between the officially licensed systems (along with D&D, 13th Age, etc): I noticed that actually FATE is not more present in such FG home page... Why?

Hello. Newbie to FGU, so basic question I can't seem to find an answer to in the forums, etc.: Can anyone point me to an explanation of the Sword, Shield, and Person icons in the Combat Tracker for FATE Core on FGU?

The ruleset was made quite a bit ago by someone else other than myself; but it looks like internally that those fields are named "Physical Stress", "Mental Stress", and "Effects"

The effects are part of the basic effects system in all FG rulesets built on the base CoreRPG layer. There is no automation of effects, just a way to track temporary information on characters for a limited amount of turns.

I assume that the Physical/Mental Stress are part of some sort of damage track for Fate Core, but I'm not familiar with the system.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information