5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Good Day All
    Before Token Locking was enabled the boards here were filled with comments about how players were just taking off running through the maps uncovering everything and the DM could not prevent it.
    One of the recommendations was to put a Big Bad Critter, such as a Dragon around a corner for them to find

I gotcha the LOS thing so players go wild the see stuff not meant to be seen and problem wasnt there 8n FGC because we masked.

Adding note to self "create tarrasque encounter to drop on map and deter free form exploration "...

Blog Entries
    I never use token locking but my guess is that the change is made because of players "scouting the map" and exposing LoS features.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Before token locking was implemented the forums were alive with people clamouring for token locking to be implemented because without it the game was 'unplayable'. So perhaps you are in the minority? This is one of these situations where it's impossible to keep everyone happy - except possibly if a global token lock/unlock could be applied. Even then there will be people who will moan that that option should be on or off by default (and not everyone pays any attention to options).
    Yeah, but those people were happy when the toggle were there then, I think, even when it defaulted to off

But the LoS thingy might be indeed the argument behind this A global setting somewhere might be nice though

Global setting to help those people that cant find the toggle.... would be nice. It's better to have it on, especially since the map is really for exploring and discovering, and players running all over would mean all the hours spent on LOS and features (both the Devs and the people doing their maps) would be wasted.

I've never had a problem with players running all over. I just tell them to stay together and somaetimes ask them to stop while something they've triggered is resolved. Seems a lot easier to set expectations on player behavior than to manually approve every single movement.

But, different DMs have different playstyles, so having the option is good. A global on/off would be great since DMs could then just set it once and forget about it instead of having to set it for every map.

True maybe a setting in options to set default.

Sounds like the simple answer here.

Wish my players had any discipline.

Quote Originally Posted by Mytherus View Post
    I gotcha the LOS thing so players go wild the see stuff not meant to be seen and problem wasnt there 8n FGC because we masked.

Adding note to self "create tarrasque encounter to drop on map and deter free form exploration "...
    HEY?! Some of us are disciplined (or decent) and don't abuse stuff. *Sheds a tear for the distrust of the DM*

Quote Originally Posted by Nylanfs View Post
    Found the Rogue!
    Actually... I just play bards.

Thread Information