FG Spreadshirt Swag

Re-adding Fate Dice Not Working as Expected - Possible Bug

I have created a module that re-adds the Fate dice to the Savage Worlds ruleset. It is not working as expected.

In the Savage Worlds rule set there is an entry that removes the dF dice.

This extension simply adds it back, but even though the dF dice does appear on the desktop, trying to grab it results in an empty hand icon that does not roll any dice. Also the "/die 1dF" chat command does not work.

My guess would be that when the Savage Worlds ruleset initializes, the remove dF entry in the ruleset seems to remove it irreversibly from memory so that it can not be added back in using an extension.

I'm hoping this is not desired behavior and have raised this bug.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Wzrd; January 17th, 2021 at 03:02.

Blog Entries
    MOD: moved to workshop, best place to discuss extensions.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thank you for pointing that out.

It's a bug in the FGU client right now. Dice will not be added/removed properly in extensions, only rulesets. This will be fixed in the next release. Since we just did a release a few days ago, it may be a little bit before that comes out. (1-3 weeks)

Also, I've attached a cleaned up version of the extension, that also moves the other SW panel objects over to accommodate the additional die.

Regards,
    JPG
    Attached Files Attached Files

Out of interest what are you going use the Fate Dice for in SW?

I am intrigued.

My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Thank you for pointing that out.

It's a bug in the FGU client right now. Dice will not be added/removed properly in extensions, only rulesets. This will be fixed in the next release. Since we just did a release a few days ago, it may be a little bit before that comes out. (1-3 weeks)

Also, I've attached a cleaned up version of the extension, that also moves the other SW panel objects over to accommodate the additional die.

Regards,
    JPG
    Wonderful, thank you for looking into this so quickly and cleaning up the extension.

Quote Originally Posted by Doswelk View Post
    Out of interest what are you going use the Fate Dice for in SW?

I am intrigued.

For a couple of reasons. Initially it's an easy way to smooth out the probability curve and eliminates the issue where a d4 has a slightly better chance to roll a 6 than a d6. By adding 2 Fate dice, it eliminates this issue that bugs someone like me.

The other reason is that since now we are rolling Fate dice with each trait roll, those ++ and -- could be used to introduce some other factor.

I'm discussing this on the PEG forums and this is the post with some details concerning the Fate dice: https://www.pegforum.com/forum/savag...age2#post45456

Thread Information