DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Bane effect code for Human

hi i created this for construct bane.

Con Bane; IFT: TYPE(construct); ATK:+2;DMG: 2d6 and it works fine....

so for human bane i thought....

human bane;IFT:TYPE(Humanoid(human)):ATK:7;DMG:2d6+2 I've tried just human. Human........i cant get this to work.
    and have not even got into the half human races yet.

anyone ?

After TYPE it will accept 'humanoid' or 'human' but not humanoid(human). See the list of acceptable races in the wiki. https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...d+3.5E+Effects
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

semicolon, not colon in one spot, after "(human)".

once fixed, prob just "human" would work.

Human-Bane; IFT:TYPE(human); ATK: 7; DMG: 2d6+2;
    -----
    roll dice. it builds character.

you are correct. i stared at this for hours and did not spot. thank you.....

Quote Originally Posted by tahl_liadon View Post

semicolon, not colon in one spot, after "(human)".

once fixed, prob just "human" would work.

Human-Bane; IFT:TYPE(human); ATK: 7; DMG: 2d6+2;
    I have been trying to do this in my campaign and it simply refuses to work. I have no idea what I am doing wrong. I have copied this formula and checked it over and over to make sure it is correct but it still does not seem to work.

Any suggestions for what the problem might be or what I could be doing incorrectly?

EDIT: OK I figured it out. It turns out that my test subject, the "Bandit" from the Pathfinder Villain's Codex, is not properly coded as "human". When I tried it on the Acolyte from the NPC Codex it worked fine.

Bandit: Human warrior 2 CN Medium humanoid

Acolyte: Human adept 1 N Medium humanoid (human)
    Last edited by Nemesis Unbound; February 21st, 2023 at 06:26.

You should report the Villain's Codex bug in the official module bug forum, they might have to go through that entire module to ensure that all are updated correctly.

If you set "humanoid" it will trigger from monstrous humanoid (and for them you can just use "monstrous")

Thread Information