5E Character Create Playlist

Connection Issues

Hey all,
    Still waiting to hear back from support and couldn't find help on other threads so posting my own.
    Playgroup has been on FGU since april, took a break in december and when we tried to join our campaign myself and another player weren't able to get in. Our guess is that a new update we got during the gap in playing is rubbing our wifi provider (xfinity) the wrong way.

The issues are:
    - Attempting resolved connection to server screen
    - When we hit cancel and retry we're eventually able to get to the "acquiring file list" screen which either doesn't load, takes forever, or sometimes finally lets us in but
    - When we get into the game our PCs are missing and we can't access any of the classes, races, items, etc
    - Then we're kicked from the game within 3 mins
    - Probably important to know we both have Comcast Xfinity wifi while the other players don't

Solutions tried:
    - set up port forward
    - disable firewall, update, and then make allowances for FGU programs
    - uninstall/reinstall
    - signed up for subscription and hosted my own game, both of us were able to join that one
    - join random open games other games and were able to get into those

One tip I haven't been able to do is access my internet provider's advanced security to allow FGU programs in through there. XFinity is having issues around the country with letting customers access that page. I've included my logs from a failed session where I was able to get in after waiting a while and then got kicked off.

Thanks in advance for any advice!
    Attached Files Attached Files

I would guess that the Advanced Security is causing problems here; or some other "security" options provided by Comcast. I would keep trying to access that page, or just get Comcast customer service to turn it off for you. We know that it has caused connections to be dropped for other users, because for some reason, it identified the information as a large burst of traffic coming from a private server. Comcast doesn't publish any information on how they trigger, or provide any way to whitelist; I've asked repeatedly with no details or assistance forthcoming from them.

Regards,
    JPG

Thank you for the advice! I’ll try calling them tomorrow

Thread Information