STAR TREK 2d20

One Player's damage and attacks keep hitting the wrong targets

I'm the DM and there are 5 players (6 people total). We play weekly.

One player consistently has issues where the attack rolls and damage rolls go to random friendly targets rather than enemies. We have no idea way.

Things tried:
    uninstalling / reinstalling
    Using current targets for chat window rolls
    Having DM do the targeting
    Retargetting

The correct target is listed in the combat tracker, but it always lists someone else's name in combat (its random who), then deals damage to yet another allied target (sometimes the same person, but usually someone else).

Is there a setting we're missing or a hot key to do this?

Quote Originally Posted by burnmelt View Post
    I'm the DM and there are 5 players (6 people total). We play weekly.

One player consistently has issues where the attack rolls and damage rolls go to random friendly targets rather than enemies. We have no idea way.

Things tried:
    uninstalling / reinstalling
    Using current targets for chat window rolls
    Having DM do the targeting
    Retargetting

The correct target is listed in the combat tracker, but it always lists someone else's name in combat (its random who), then deals damage to yet another allied target (sometimes the same person, but usually someone else).

Is there a setting we're missing or a hot key to do this?
    Is the player rolling from the action tab on the character sheet (assuming 5e D&D since you didnt say)? Make sure they are doing that and not dropping the dice on the map. Its almost certainly a user error.

Is the GM dragging tokens between maps during the session? I found an issue where the token events weren’t firing correctly when tokens dragged between maps.

It should be fixed in the latest version released today. If not, the GM can re-drag tokens from the CT to reset links.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    Is the player rolling from the action tab on the character sheet (assuming 5e D&D since you didnt say)? Make sure they are doing that and not dropping the dice on the map. Its almost certainly a user error.
    Yes, 5e. I'll ask him when we play again tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Is the GM dragging tokens between maps during the session? I found an issue where the token events weren’t firing correctly when tokens dragged between maps.

It should be fixed in the latest version released today. If not, the GM can re-drag tokens from the CT to reset links.

Regards,
    JPG
    I did do that several sessions ago, and that might have been when its started. I usually leave them all in the combat tracker and drag the tokens from there, but I'll clear it fully clear it tonight.

Thread Information