STAR TREK 2d20

Thread: Kineticist

Kineticist

Has anyone done all the effects/blasts for a Kineticist?

I would love to see how you managed it I haven't been able to see any examples here

Ron

it can be set up to automate certain thing and be useful, but there is a level burn management that needs to be done manually, relying on the player to continually actively track.

it's one of the classes that's a bit of a pain in the a$$ to manage lol

pm me for an example pc file.
    -----
    roll dice. it builds character.

For managing burn I strongly suggest bmos extension that calculate hit points from a base + level x con bonus.
    This extension also has an effect for lowering your max hit points. Lowering max hit points as an effect is basically the same as taking burn damage.

https://fantasygrounds.com/forums/sh...tion-Extension

Quote Originally Posted by Svandal View Post
    Lowering max hit points as an effect is basically the same as taking burn damage.
    first of all, if this method works for you somehow, that's great.

my question:
    what does taking burn have to do with adjusting (i.e. lowering) max hit points?

also, burn is a subdual damage; lowering max hp means doing regular damage / taking wounds.
    an important distinction between these types of damage.

max hit point should be a static, unchanged number. every adjustment should work around it. it should not be touched as a stat.

(assuming bmos ext is used)
    if you have con increase via magical item or drain, use the "perm" column.
    if you have con damage, then apply number in "dmg" column.
    if you take wounds, apply wounds.
    if you take negative level, apply "nlvl" effect.

in this case, if you take subdual damage from burn, why would you change max hp? simply manually add damage to "subdual."
    if your subdual + wounds add up to a certain negative amount, fg to tell you you are unconscious (assuming your wounds doesn't outright kill you first).
    -----

Quote Originally Posted by tahl_liadon View Post

first of all, if this method works for you somehow, that's great.

my question:
    what does taking burn have to do with adjusting (i.e. lowering) max hit points?

also, burn is a subdual damage; lowering max hp means doing regular damage / taking wounds.
    an important distinction between these types of damage.

max hit point should be a static, unchanged number. every adjustment should work around it. it should not be touched as a stat.

(assuming bmos ext is used)
    if you have con increase via magical item or drain, use the "perm" column.
    if you have con damage, then apply number in "dmg" column.
    if you take wounds, apply wounds.
    if you take negative level, apply "nlvl" effect.

in this case, if you take subdual damage from burn, why would you change max hp? simply manually add damage to "subdual."
    if your subdual + wounds add up to a certain negative amount, fg to tell you you are unconscious (assuming your wounds doesn't outright kill you first).
    All damage can normally be healed, if you track burn damage via subdual it gets healed normally.
    So each time you "burn" you take subdual damage equal to that can not be healed in any way (except getting full night rest). If you take damage that can not be healed this works exactly like lowering your max hit points.
    So if you take burn then use the effect:
    MHP: -[lvl]
    Or even better
    MULTI: burn; MHP: -[lvl]

MHP stands for max hit points
    Multi is another extension that lets you stack the same effect as many times as you want.

That way you get effects that look like (for 11lvl character)
    1; burn; MHP: -11
    2; burn; MHP: -11
    If you have 100HP max at the start you have 78HP now. You can not be healed over this amount in the game.
    After a full nights rest just delete the effects, or tell the DM to clear all expiring effects and your max HP is now 100 again.

Just remember once the character goes to negative hp, that burn damage is STILL nonlethal (so take it in account when calculating if damage kills or just incapacitates him/her)

what you're proposing might very well be a great idea to implement...
    my head hurt right now trying to figure out what you wrote, simply due to the fact that i am not completely versed in all that scripting and their effects X-D

Quote Originally Posted by Svandal View Post
    All damage can normally be healed, if you track burn damage via subdual it gets healed normally.
    currently, when the keneticist gets healed and the subdual goes away, i have the player put that subdual back in (lol)

thx for trying to explain... i might figure it all out one day and make it work for me.
    -----

Quote Originally Posted by Asgurgolas View Post
    Just remember once the character goes to negative hp, that burn damage is STILL nonlethal (so take it in account when calculating if damage kills or just incapacitates him/her)

yep, what i said in the last sentence from 2 posts ago by me ("if your subdual + wounds add up...")

and as i mentioned in last post, i have the player immediate put the subdual back in after getting healed, and we continue with encounter. fg will continue to track the damages and either declare "unconcious" or "dying/dead."
    -----

Thread Information