DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Players can't move on maps

I've had an issue with two separate groups that I DM across multiple campaigns in FGU where my players can't reliably click on their token and move it. They select their token, the circle appears but then quickly disappears and the map goes black (as if it's masked by LOS). They've tried just about everything -click and hold, click multiple times, etc. Sometimes it works and they can move but most often they can't select their token. Sometimes they get error messages when they select their token (I don't have details of these messages as they didn't appear on my screen, only the player's screen.)

They are experienced FG users. We are playing 5e and have played for 4 months with no problems. The problems only started about 3 weeks ago. To try and isolate the problem, I have unloaded all extensions, started fresh campaigns, turned LOS off and tried multiple maps from multiple sources, yet the problem persists.

Also, when I play as a player in other people's campaigns the problem does not happen.

Very confusing. Any help or advice would be great.

Thanks
    Last edited by FinnFirefoot; January 15th, 2021 at 13:41.

Blog Entries
    Welcome Finn.

Not sure if ruleset matters, but it might. Also have you tried after today's update?

I assume you added PC tokens to the CT from the top left and to the map from the CT?

What is the Party Vision set to?

Characters show correctly owned in the PC Selection window?

Any messages in yours or player logs?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I'd suggest you get your players to clear their caches before rejoining you game. I'm sure there was a similar report somewhere and I believe it was an extension that was the issue but I can't remember exactly.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thanks for the reply.

I updated today and will test it with others tomorrow. I pull everything from the CT and there's been nothing else odd about the PCs or the game.

I'll get one of my players to grab the log and will post it.
    Last edited by FinnFirefoot; January 16th, 2021 at 03:33.

Thanks
    Last edited by FinnFirefoot; January 16th, 2021 at 03:32.

Thread Information