DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Is it possible to create a Character in the demo?

I downloaded the Linux version and launched it in the hopes to evaluate the software. I got as far as entering a character name in the first field. Then when I went to enter race beneath it an empty window pops up that My assumption is that this is intended behavior and in order to populate the character sheet I would need to purchase the DLC containing the race I wish to add to the character.

Is my assumption correct or am I just missing something very obvious?

Blog Entries
    Welcome Dullorb

I dont use/play Starfinder so I cant give you a definitive answer but yes - you really need the content for Starfinder to properly evaluate it.
    If you buy here in the FG website you can try it out for 30days and refund if its not what you expect/want/whatever.

You can try 5E and load the SRD or Basic rules and try some stuff there but be aware every ruleset has different UI interactions and features and levels of automation.
    Starfinder rules are also quite complex and some are quite challenging to code!

Hey, damned is right, you need to purchase at least the CRB in order to have a class, race, theme and some items available to you in your client. 5E is a good place to start since you do get some free content there to start experimenting.
    You do however have a little more options when it comes to Starfinder as well. You could (if you have the time) create all the nessesary things yourself and then use them. I have to admit it would be quite hard if you are just starting out, but I encourage trying it. You can also try to find modules someone else created and how is sharing them for free. Or you can ask an ultimate licence holder with starfinder modules purchased if he can open up a campaign for you to try stuff. For both these last options I would recommend asking around in the FantasyGrounds Discord (responsetime is usually a bit faster than in the forums).
    My Forge Page
    Discord: @evolivolution
    Ultimate License (FGU)
    Timezone: Z+1

Thank you for the responses @damned and @Evolivution. I'm sure I could have found a random someone to give me a little hands on demo if I'd asked, so that was a solid suggestion.

In the end I'm going to take a small leap of faith and just get the lifetime Ultimate + Core rules. I do wish Fantasy Grounds would offer a little something more than an unusable character sheet and 3rd party YouTube videos to sell me on it, but final analysis is that I'm impressed enough by what I have seen to pull the trigger on a $200 purchase.

Here's hoping it pays off.

Thread Information