STAR TREK 2d20

Character Export for PF 2e

Hi folks,
    I am looking to see if any has found any tools to export characters from FGU to PDF. My group is a mix of experienced and inexperienced players and I find that having a printable character sheet is a good way to remind them of their abilities. I know there is a tab but sometimes having and external sheet is a good way to remind yourself. Plus when leveling up its a pain to constantly print screen because there isn't a manage character available in Unity.

I have tried numerous resources and researched quite a bit.
    Things I have found.
    https://www.alonlinetools.net/FGCharacterSheet.aspx however this appears to be only 5e appropriate. I have yet to get it to work for Pathfinder 2e.

I also tried this Universal Character Sheet Printer. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...Printer-for-FGIt looks nice but is not converted for Pathfinder 2e. I'm not a coder and while I can follow basic HTML coding its not my skill.

I do have Pathbuilder 2E from the google playstore but even that is limited and is cumbersome because not everyone has an android and its a constant reconciliation. So far this is my best option.

I am really just seeing what other people use or if there is something I am not thinking of.

Thanks and be well.

I'm not aware of a print character sheet option for FG PF2.

Quote Originally Posted by Omwch View Post
    ...because there isn't a manage character available in Unity.
    There is similar (better IMO) functionality in FGU to the FGC Manage Characters functionality. Please expand on this comment - what is it you're trying to do that you could do in FGC's Manage Characters?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

It is not their ability to manage their character in session but rather out of session. For example, I had some players go from level 5 - 6, in order for them to know their abilities, stats, etc. I had to take screen shots for each tab on each character.

I fully understand I maybe doing something wrong or unaware. So ignorance is on my part. In session we find the player character stuff excellent.
    It would be great if my players could see their characters either in or as an exported pdf outside of the session

Thanks for replying quickly.

As I eluded to above, similar functionality to FGC's Manage Characters is available in FGU.

All players can use the following process - including those with a Free license:
    1. The player should create a new PF2 campaign - call it something like "My PF2 characters". They only need to do this once.
    2. To get access to a PC they've used in another game, open the Character Selection window and click the Import Character button (the blue up arrow). This will show all PCs in other campaigns on that computer - including the player data cache of other GMs campaigns they have played in. Click the green + icon of the PC they wish to bring into this "My Characters" campaign. Note - this replaces the FGC Manage Characters steps of exporting from a campaign cache and importing into a ruleset Manage Characters session.
    3. The PC/s they imported in step #2 above will now be available to review and edit as needed. This includes any PCs imported from a campaign previously joined as a player.
    4. When a player joins a GM's game, they have the option to import a PC into that game - and they can see all of the PCs on their computer, including the ones they've reviewed/edited in their My Characters campaign.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

That is an excellent idea and not something I thought about before. IGNORANCE.

Thank you Trenloe.

Quote Originally Posted by Omwch View Post
    That is an excellent idea and not something I thought about before. IGNORANCE.

Thank you Trenloe.
    No worries at all. You're not the first and you certainly won't be the last who didn't realise the new approach for "Manage Characters". That's why I latched onto your statement and wanted to provide some guidance. I hope this helps your player check and modify their PCs as required while outside of your game.

And I keep forgetting that I did a video around this. It was in response to another forum post, so may contain some comments relating to that, but it should still be of use: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30o7jjJpLoo

Also someone did a template for PF2 for Doug's character sheet print out thing he made a while back, its works ok, but from memory it misses out a couple of things
    "When questing once in noble wood of gray medieval pine, I came upon a tomb, rain-slicked, rubbed cool, ethereal, its inscription long vanished, yet still within its melancholy fissures."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    As I eluded to above, similar functionality to FGC's Manage Characters is available in FGU.
    To get access to a PC they've used in another game, open the Character Selection window and click the Import Character button (the blue up arrow). This will show all PCs in other campaigns on that computer - including the player data cache of other GMs campaigns they have played in. Click the green + icon of the PC they wish to bring into this "My Characters" campaign. Note - this replaces the FGC Manage Characters steps of exporting from a campaign cache and importing into a ruleset
    Wow. I didn't see this coming. This wasn't, IMO, at all obvious. Thanks Trenloe
    Current Projects:
    Always...
    Community Contributions:
    Extensions: Bardic Inspiration, Druid Wild Shapes, Local Dice Tower, Library Field Filters
    Tutorial Blog Series: "A Neophyte Tackles (coding) the FG Extension".

Thread Information