FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Character Converter

HI...I'm converting characters from hero labs to FG, I keep hearing about the Character Converter but cant find it for down load. Is there link to it?

Jonathon

Start -> All Programs -> FantasyGrounds -> FG Char Converter

Quote Originally Posted by kylania View Post
    Start -> All Programs -> FantasyGrounds -> FG Char Converter
    OK,,now I'm following the tutorial and getting an error before I can convert. "Invalid Fantasy Grounds File"

Unfortunately I only have the demo of HL, so can't test this. Talen has done a tutorial though, which might show a missing step maybe?

NOTE:
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    The options have changed slightly from when the video was made. In HeroLab use File -> Save Custom Output… to save the file in the Fantasy Grounds export format. Then select “Fantasy Grounds” and press the Output button - this will create a .hlfg file. Use this as your input file to the character converter.
    Last edited by kylania; August 11th, 2015 at 20:25.

And it now supports Savage Worlds as well as Pathfinder/d20.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonbens View Post
    OK,,now I'm following the tutorial and getting an error before I can convert. "Invalid Fantasy Grounds File"
    Please provide info on the options you're selecting in the converter. A screenshot will help.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

OK, here's where I think I have the problem. when he goes to select the File type on the converter his has an option on the drop down menu called Hero Lab (.xml), but mine only has Hero Lab (.hlfg).

The options have changed slightly from when the video was made. In HeroLab use File -> Save Custom Output… to save the file in the Fantasy Grounds export format. Then select “Fantasy Grounds” and press the Output button - this will create a .hlfg file. Use this as your input file to the character converter.

Also, some info in the "Importing your PC from Hero Lab" here: https://www.fg-con.com/information/p...ntasy-grounds/

If this doesn't work, please provide a screenshot of your settings in the Character Converter.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Hello, everyone.
    I'm playing on a macOS, but I need CharacterConverter, so I dropped this .exe file to my work-PC.
    And it's not working. Any suggestions? How may I launch it without installing whole FG to work-PC?
    Attachment 19084

Hi all. Just purchased the PF Core Rule Book and RotRL on an old Lite License key (updated to v3.3.1 Player).

I am trying to import an HL (v. 8.2a latest) character .

Following the instructions from here: Preparing your PC for Fantasy Grounds
    https://www.fg-con.com/information/p...ntasy-grounds/

When I get to step under "Using the Fantasy Grounds Character Converter" that says "...open the “utilities” folder and run the CharacterConverter application." my character converter does not open upon mouse click or quick menu "open."

- Why is the character converter not working?

- Does it have anything to do with my old Lite license?

- Is there another way to import HL characters to FG?

Can anyone help me?

Thanks

Thread Information