STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanrockid View Post
    No. It won't generate any spellbooks, neither in parcels or items. I'm aware of the pre requisites and i've made sure to select the right ones for testing (archmage, drow mage, conjurer...) It only work for the first npc entry looted in that session (and the ones from other sessions).
    About the repeating spells, i believe you were right. It's repeating the spells because there are duplicates in different books. However, deactivate a module is not an option (invisibility, for example, is is phb, tasha's, srd and basic rules). Is that something else that could be done about it? (Also, the huge price tag was mainly due to the amount of repeated spells).
    i just got home and tested this out, and you're right.

if interested in the technical details, there's a boolean value that starts blank. the code that makes the book will look to see if the book exists or not, if it does, it sets the spellbook node and says the boolean is true. Only if the boolean is blank will it make a new one but there was no code to clear that boolean. I'll have this fixed probably tonight or the next night. will look at the other things to make sure that's all right. This portion of the update will be in the NPC Random Treasure Drops extension when i push it out, as that's where this part of the code lies.

sorry for the inconvenience and the confusion, I'll get on this asap

Random Spellbook Generator has been updated to fix the bugs discussed above. An update for the NPC Random Treasure Drops extension will be required for the functions that are compatible there.

Should be able to generate more than one spellbook per session.
    Description shouldn’t take from the generator anymore.

Any chance of getting a version of this that works with PF1e?

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Mage View Post
    Any chance of getting a version of this that works with PF1e?
    If there was a place to sell it without problem, sure. As far as I’m aware though, drivethrurpg and dmsguild will not.

Updated to include a selection for module to use for spells. Works with looting.

Adds an alternative option to generate spells for a random spellbook with a specific number of specific spell levels.

The name and the description of the random spellbook generator now function like story templates, where you can use formatted text, and [table names in square brackets].

An update for the npc Random Treasure Drops extension is available for this companion feature.

Thread Information