FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Officially licensed Vaesen Ruleset & Mysteries now available!

Welcome to the Mythic North – on your virtual tabletop! We are thrilled to say that Vaesen – Nordic Horror Roleplaying and A Wicked Secret & Other Mysteries from Free League have launched on Fantasy Grounds and Steam!

Now, you and your team of investigators can discover the horrible secrets of the Mythic North from the comfort of your home.

Available from SW Store:
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store...id=FRLFLFVAS01
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store...id=FRLFLFVAS06
    and Steam:
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/1...r_Roleplaying/
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/1...her_Mysteries/

Soon there will be dedicated forum to discuss this great game and have suggestions, bug reports and etc.

PS: There is user manual delivered as .pdf file in the local /docs folder within FGC/FGU data folder.

Cheers,
    Simon and Valyar
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Blog Entries
    Nice!

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Really looking forward to this. Unfortunately I am waiting for the Twilight 2000 kickstarter to deliver to get hold of my hard copy of the rule book so may hold off from buying it straight away. (But probably won't manage to hold out beyond the weekend ... ). I have a few questions that could make the difference for an immediate purchase.

Does the ruleset support the lifepath generation of characters?
    I am assuming the tables for lifepath generation are part of the ruleset (hopefully) but is there any automation in the construction of the character?
    Can you drag talents (not sure what they are called in Vaesan) and other elements from the lists to the character sheet with any level of automation similar to some of the bigger name rulesets or is it closer to the pen and paper experience of having the reference tables available but typing all of the entries directly into the sheet yourself?

Sorry for so many questions, but well done for getting this out so quickly. Now I just need to wait for Forbidden Lands, Mutant Year Zero and Tales From The Loop to be ready :P

Regards,
    Bracken

This is looking great...
    "User Manual delivered as .pdf file And more..." - I can't see this anywhere - can you let me know where I find it (I have bought and downloaded the module)

Quote Originally Posted by bracken View Post
    Really looking forward to this. Unfortunately I am waiting for the Twilight 2000 kickstarter to deliver to get hold of my hard copy of the rule book so may hold off from buying it straight away. (But probably won't manage to hold out beyond the weekend ... ). I have a few questions that could make the difference for an immediate purchase.

Does the ruleset support the lifepath generation of characters?
    I am assuming the tables for lifepath generation are part of the ruleset (hopefully) but is there any automation in the construction of the character?
    Can you drag talents (not sure what they are called in Vaesan) and other elements from the lists to the character sheet with any level of automation similar to some of the bigger name rulesets or is it closer to the pen and paper experience of having the reference tables available but typing all of the entries directly into the sheet yourself?

Sorry for so many questions, but well done for getting this out so quickly. Now I just need to wait for Forbidden Lands, Mutant Year Zero and Tales From The Loop to be ready :P

Regards,
    Bracken
    Hi Bracken,
    There is no character creation wizard as in D&D 5e - FL games are very light on mechanics and majority of the choices are examples, players can come up with different things. Therefore this is done in the traditional way. We have the rollable tables for the Lifepath, but they are not populating automatically charsheet. If there is enough demand for such feature we will create one and push to rulesets.

You can drag & drop talents and equipment, talent automation is small as the talents are narrative and situational. We work on talent automation framework that will be introduced where necessary in Alien/Vaesen. Equipment usage is having automation and connects with CT and NPC sheets. NPC/Vaesen also is having automation.

Forbidden Lands is 40% ready, content for Core, Raven's Purge and The Spire of Quetzel is already done.

Quote Originally Posted by Frail Realities View Post
    This is looking great...
    "User Manual delivered as .pdf file And more..." - I can't see this anywhere - can you let me know where I find it (I have bought and downloaded the module)
    Hi Frail Realities,
    If you go to FG data directory, there is /docs folder and the file is named Vaesen - FG Ruleset Manual.pdf

Awesome!! Noticed it last night on my way to bed so picked it up but haven't had a chance to look around too much. Very excited none-the-less!!

Thanks for the reply, Valyar. Do you know if Vaesen will be getting its own sub-forum or will there be a "Year Zero" sub-forum to cover all the Free League year zero games?

Quote Originally Posted by bracken View Post
    Thanks for the reply, Valyar. Do you know if Vaesen will be getting its own sub-forum or will there be a "Year Zero" sub-forum to cover all the Free League year zero games?
    Yes, I asked for subforum for now, but one big to aggregate all FL games is also what I was thinking. But this is something that we have to align and agree with out hosts from Smite Works

Thanks, Valyar.

So ... despite my best (worst?) intentions of waiting until I at least get my Vaesan pdf from the Twilight 2000 kickstarter ... I gave in and bought the ruleset and A Wicked Secret. (My bank account curses you).

I have just started a dummy campaign so I can start looking through the content. Think I might have found my first glitch. If I roll any d10 the individual die results do do not display upon the icons in the chat result, just the total to the side.

Edited to add:

Working through Player Section reference manual I have found a few typos that may be font irregularities. On the Your Player Character page It looks like instances of "ff" or "fi" have been replaced with or are displaying as "?". For example "This chapter o?ers a step-by-step description" or "you must ?rst pick an archetype" and a few other instances.

In the Gamemaster Section reference manual the final section of Chapter 9 is listed as "Gamemasater Techniques" rather than "Gamemaster Techniques".
    Last edited by bracken; January 15th, 2021 at 00:22. Reason: Adding extra typos found

Thread Information