Starfinder Playlist

Snap to grid legitimately not working

I am having an issue with snap to grid not working.

I have searched for answers to this, and seen all the usual advice, but it always amounts to misunderstanding; so to clarify:

I have added a grid overlay in FG to the map image

I have snap to grid enabled.

I am not referring to tokens snapping to the corners, or midpoints between two squares but actually, anywhere I place it with no snapping occurring.

I have tried with PCs and NPCs, from the combat tracker and straight from the character sheets etc, always the same result.

The only extensions I have enabled are improved critical and enhanced images but I am doing everything on the top layer.

snap to grid.jpg

please help

Resolved, it turns out it was a misunderstanding lol

thanks for the effort.
    Last edited by Shanks; January 11th, 2021 at 19:04.

Try without extensions.

I don't know what Critically Awesome is but it might not get along with the layers extension and vice versa.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I'll give it a shot, but it is supposedly compatible since they are both included in the combat enhancer I believe.

Sorry, I'm officially an idiot and misunderstood the snap to grid on/off button. When it says on, it is saying hit the button to turn it on. So it was just off....

Quote Originally Posted by Shanks View Post
    I'll give it a shot, but it is supposedly compatible since they are both included in the combat enhancer I believe.
    I wouldn't make assumptions like this unless the specific extensions themselves have been tested and compatibility confirmed by the relevant developers. If a developer uses code from other extensions in their own extension, they could well have had to make changes to the code in order for them to work together.

In this case I'm glad that these extensions weren't clashing to cause your issue. But it's always a good approach to temporarily disable extensions from your campaign when you experience issues.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    I wouldn't make assumptions like this unless the specific extensions themselves have been tested and compatibility confirmed by the relevant developers. If a developer uses code from other extensions in their own extension, they could well have had to make changes to the code in order for them to work together.

In this case I'm glad that these extensions weren't clashing to cause your issue. But it's always a good approach to temporarily disable extensions from your campaign when you experience issues.
    thank you for the advice, I'll keep that in mind.

Thread Information