5E Character Create Playlist

Possible to selectively update modules?

Hi! I have bought several modules and rulesets, from Steam.

As such, the update process takes quite a long time. I was wondering if there was a way to just have FG install locally a portion of what I actually own, so that when I invoke an update it doesn't check *everything* I own but just what I am using at any given moment.

Thank you.

This can't be done. It would potentially lead to users not having the most current version of some products, which could lead to issues.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    This can't be done. It would potentially lead to users not having the most current version of some products, which could lead to issues.
    Well... it could be argued that at least that would be down to user decisions. The way this is handled right now forces me to wait a good fifteen minutes every time I need/want to update modules, even if I'm gonna use a small portion of them.

So I hope this can't be done *currently* and that an option to choose what one wants to have installed and updated is given. Even just for not wasting space on stuff one is not using at any given time.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gorman42 View Post
    Well... it could be argued that at least that would be down to user decisions. The way this is handled right now forces me to wait a good fifteen minutes every time I need/want to update modules, even if I'm gonna use a small portion of them.

So I hope this can't be done *currently* and that an option to choose what one wants to have installed and updated is given. Even just for not wasting space on stuff one is not using at any given time.
    As a company, they have to decide if the user choice such an option would offset the number of support tickets they would have to handle for folks who don't use the option correctly. Plus, the more options, the more resources it takes to enhance/add features, to test, and to troubleshoot when their are problems.

But, SmiteWorks is always open to feedback, you can always suggest improvements via the Help > Support link above.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information