FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Modules not loading

Hi,
    I've been trying to load a couple of modules including the Portals module into a 3.5e campaign with no success at all. The extension loads but the module does not come up in the load list. Even created a new 3.5e campaign to ensure it was nothing to do with my old 3.5e campaign but no joy. Loads fine in 5e campaignes so I am somewhat confused.
    Deleted FantasyGrounds and reinstalled just to be sure I had not done something dumb, so now I am out of ideas.
    Be great if anyone has a bright idea on this one!

Blog Entries
    What is this Portals module?
    If its a 5E module it will only load in 5E.
    Try the Universal Modules extension and see if you can load it then.

Blog Entries
    Portal is an extension not a module. It is from the DMsGuild and therefore probably only designed to work with 5E. You will need to reach out the developer/publisher to find out if it is intended to work in any other ruleset, as well as to resolve any support issues with it.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Hi Damned, it should work with 3.5 as well as 5 and after adding the extension you suggested it all works fine. So, thanks for that!

Sadly I was mistaken. The ext is working fine but the module not so much. Tried it in 5e campaign as well but still no joy.
    I did note that on starting up FGU and going into settings, my password is not being saved and so I am not being logged in. Reset everything but same problem.
    Any ideas would be gratefully received!

Blog Entries
    Start FGU
    note down the path to App and Data
    Login and run the update
    Then go into Settings -> Advanced and check if they are still the same.

Thanks for the reply Damned. Did all that and the settings did not change.
    The update showed no purchases and no purchased modules were in the module list despite being in the folder.

Please provide a screenshot of the FG startup screen (before loading a campaign).
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks for the screenshots. That shows that FG is recognising your standard license key, and your FG username of TamarValleyPete. So all good there.

Let's take a step back - which modules can't you see in a 3.5E campaign? Please provide a link to where those modules can be found.
    Last edited by Trenloe; May 14th, 2021 at 10:18.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information