DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Module Creation

Module Creation

How does one get this level of module organization? When I export an NPC module, all I get is "NPCs". Does this require XML editing?

Code:
    	<library>
    		<testsummon static="true">
    			<categoryname type="string"></categoryname>
    			<name type="string">testsummon</name>
    			<entries>
    				<npc>
    					<librarylink type="windowreference">
    						<class>reference_list</class>
    						<recordname>..</recordname>
    					</librarylink>
    					<name type="string">NPCs</name>
    					<recordtype type="string">npc</recordtype>
    				</npc>
    			</entries>
    		</testsummon>
    	</library>
    What i don't understand is NPCs may be changed to NPC 1, NPC 2, etc...

Untitled.jpg
    Last edited by dellanx; January 10th, 2021 at 22:27.

These are the modules and extensions created and/or taken over by dellanx for PFRPG.

I had a lot of help and advice from many here at FG.

Thank You!

Yeah, I think such things are done directly in xml

By the way, you may want to cut down your screenshot; one can see your campaign password there (because you took a screenshot of all your monitors, also with your FB page and the conversations there)

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    Yeah, I think such things are done directly in xml

By the way, you may want to cut down your screenshot; one can see your campaign password there (because you took a screenshot of all your monitors, also with your FB page and the conversations there)
    Opps thought I trimmed that thanks!

These are the modules and extensions created and/or taken over by dellanx for PFRPG.

Thank You!

Blog Entries
    [deleted body content]
    Last edited by Talyn; January 10th, 2021 at 22:57.

Quote Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
    Aside from "hi, here's my password" that was waaaaaaaay too big a shot anyway. Thanks for paring it down to something a bit more manageable.

The library category is literally in the export dialog though:

Unless you're talking about breaking down the NPCs per level in which case, yes that'd be an XML job.

Attachment 42772
    May one have more then one category per module?

Thank You!

Blog Entries
    No, and I think I misunderstood what you were asking originally since the screenshot was so huge and you copied the library text so... anyway the category that you set in the export dialog is the text category in your library page and there's only one of those.

Could you post a more concise example of what you're trying to do? There are a couple list types already in FG that you could point to (still an XML job) or create a custom list. I do that all the time for practically every project I work on. Some lists are easy (FG does all the hard work) where some of the older list types are fully manual (you have to build each entry yourself) which is still ... "easy" it's just time-consuming and tedious.

No, and I think I misunderstood what you were asking originally since the screenshot was so huge and you copied the library text so... anyway the category that you set in the export dialog is the text category in your library page and there's only one of those.

Could you post a more concise example of what you're trying to do? There are a couple list types already in FG that you could point to (still an XML job) or create a custom list. I do that all the time for practically every project I work on. Some lists are easy (FG does all the hard work) where some of the older list types are fully manual (you have to build each entry yourself) which is still ... "easy" it's just time-consuming and tedious.
    I export a Module "test-summon"

Untitled.jpg

The Astral Deva and Barbed Devil (hamatula) are organized under NPCs. I would like there to be Summoned NPC 9 for Astral Deva and Summoned NPC 8 for Barbed Devil (hamatula).

Just like in this module: Summonable Monsters.mod here. The problem with that module is that the special abilities are not parsed. I am able to do that, but I would like to organize my summoned monsters by spell type.

Thanks

Thank You!

Blog Entries
    Oh, gotcha. What Blackfoot did was create separate XML lists for each summon level, which was really the only way to do it back in 2013. What I'd probably do today is add a custom tag to each monster entry then code a single reference_groupedlist to have FG create the list and categorize them for me on the fly. Either way it's six of one, half-dozen of the other, and it's working in the XML no matter what.

Something along the lines of:

Code:
    <summonlevel type=string">Summon Monsters 8</summonlevel>
    which I would manually add to each NPC once it's been exported.
    Last edited by Talyn; January 10th, 2021 at 23:02.

Not getting very far, came up with this, but something is wrong:

<name type="string">NPCs</name>
    <recordtype type="string">npc</recordtype>
    <reference_list type="string">summonlevel</reference_list>

and

<summonlevel type="string">Summon Monsters 8</summonlevel>
    <name type="string">Barbed Devil (hamatula)</name>
    Thanks

Thank You!

Oh, gotcha. What Blackfoot did was create separate XML lists for each summon level, which was really the only way to do it back in 2013. What I'd probably do today is add a custom tag to each monster entry then code a single reference_groupedlist to have FG create the list and categorize them for me on the fly. Either way it's six of one, half-dozen of the other, and it's working in the XML no matter what.

Something along the lines of:

Code:
    <summonlevel type=string">Summon Monsters 8</summonlevel>
    which I would manually add to each NPC once it's been exported.

How and where would I add a " custom tag to each monster entry"?

is there an example of a reference_groupedlist?

Thank You!

Thread Information