DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Ok, add your suggestion to the suggestions list. Link in my signature.
    To be honest, I don't really see this as a problem with fantasy grounds, nor a problem smiteworks can necessarily fix. I see it as a problem with certain MAP styles. Some adventures have maps that have very clear doors. Some adventures have beautiful maps ... but the doors may be harder to see. I know there's one set that I absolutely ADORE ... but, yes, the doors are hard to see, but that's on the map-maker, not smiteworks.

Smiteworks brings adventures into FGU and codes the adventures to work with FGU, but it's not really smiteworks' job (I think) to remake the maps.

I think the simplest solution would be, as you said, to describe the room, or as I did, put a sign on the door. It could be as simple as using FGU's own drawing tools to highlight the doors.

Quote Originally Posted by similarly View Post
    To be honest, I don't really see this as a problem with fantasy grounds, nor a problem smiteworks can necessarily fix. I see it as a problem with certain MAP styles. Some adventures have maps that have very clear doors. Some adventures have beautiful maps ... but the doors may be harder to see. I know there's one set that I absolutely ADORE ... but, yes, the doors are hard to see, but that's on the map-maker, not smiteworks.

Smiteworks brings adventures into FGU and codes the adventures to work with FGU, but it's not really smiteworks' job (I think) to remake the maps.

I think the simplest solution would be, as you said, to describe the room, or as I did, put a sign on the door. It could be as simple as using FGU's own drawing tools to highlight the doors.
    I proposed a fix that is implemented in the game already, smiteworks just have to adjust a setting (I think) When you hover over the door it it gets highlighted in blue. So just let the door always be hilighted in this way. Then it is easy to see. Have it as an option to turn it on and off.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Ok, add your suggestion to the suggestions list. Link in my signature.
    Suggestion is sent, thank you. Now I will just wait and cross my fingers 👍

In the meantime, the DM could add the blue border to doors manually by editing the image using the paint tool. Of course, this is more work to set up, but it is something that you could use right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Svandal View Post
    I proposed a fix that is implemented in the game already, smiteworks just have to adjust a setting (I think) When you hover over the door it it gets highlighted in blue. So just let the door always be hilighted in this way. Then it is easy to see. Have it as an option to turn it on and off.
    Ah, I see what you mean. That could be a good idea.

I have suggested it here
    https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/proj/fgapp?ia=135417

Vote if you think it is a good ideaa

When you make the map, make sure the doors (except the secret doors) are clearly defined in the bitmap image. Then both DM and players can see its a door without putting a mouse anywhere near it.

Thread Information