5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

PDF of purchased modules?

I’ve bought a couple modules, and thought they came with PDFs of the included modules, but I can’t find download links for them. Am I mistaken that PDFs are available with purchase?

Blog Entries
    Welcome.

I assume you mean some of the Paizo products? You have to link your FG and Pazo accounts; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store...izoAccount.xcp and then you will need to log into your Paizo account on their website to download the PDF.

No other publishers I know of have FG/PDF combos.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Hrm. I’m referring to 5E modules. I was hoping to be able to read the pdf on my iPad while preparing for it. Maybe I just assumed this was possible.

I think you have made an assumption. WotC don’t publish PDF’s for any 5e material.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

The 5E modules don't come with a PDF as Zacchaeus pointed out, but they do come with reference manuals. The reference manuals can easily be read and navigated through by opening the library in fantasy grounds. Once in the library click on the module, in your list of loaded content. It will give you a list of everything that is included in that module, including the reference manual. If you are wanting to read it on your iPad, then you would need to set up a remote viewer in order to access it through your computer. Your computer would have to be on and running Fantasy Grounds, then you can remote in and read the manual.

Hi ShadoweDarkfyre,

I case you're referring to modules bought off DMsGuild, you're right that some of those come with both the FG module and the PDF of the adventure, but that is entirely down to the generosity of the author and isn't standard practice, even though it is very much appreciated when it is offered (and has certainly led to me buying products I would likely not have bothered with otherwise). These days I tend to only buy PDFs of adventures if they have a module and modules only if they also offer the PDF in a bundle, either for the same or a much reduced combined price.

So on the DMsGuild there definitely are such offers but you have to search for them. I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Simon

Thanks to everyone for the replies. Ludd_G is right, in that I previously bought a module (Defiance in Phlan) from DMs Guild and it came with a PDF. For some reason, I thought I'd bought that off of Fantasy Grounds page, and assumed that modules bought there would come with PDFs. I will look further into Fear Grounds suggestion for viewing on my iPad as a remote viewer.
    Thanks!

The descriptions on the FG store page mention including a .pdf for the AAW adventures. I assumed it was included because it's mentioned on FG's own store.

Quote Originally Posted by sleepingwolf View Post
    The descriptions on the FG store page mention including a .pdf for the AAW adventures. I assumed it was included because it's mentioned on FG's own store.
    Can you provide a link to an example please?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Can you provide a link to an example please?
    A00: Crow's Rest Island
    A 5th Edition Compatible Adventure for 4 Level 1 PCs

Shrouded in whispered rumors, Crow's Rest Island has been avoided as long as any can remember. Nothing but death, and the memories of those long gone, greet any who take to land upon the isle's shores. It is to this island that the PCs will find themselves driven as a storm threatens to drive their ship below the waves. Awaiting the PCs are far more than ghost stories upon this island, for there lives a very real threat, hiding here among the legends that keep sailors at bay.

A classic ghost story that casts the PCs not as adversaries to the specters, but rather as their benefactors, A0: Crow's Rest Island challenges the PCs with a tribe of foul kobolds, a haunted village, and the forgotten servant of a long departed ice devil. An excellent introduction to the Adventureaweek.com campaign setting, this adventure gives the PCs their first glimpse into Vikmordere culture. A0 may also be easily ported to any setting containing a northern wilderness near a large body of water.

A0: Crow's Rest Island (PDF) - Introduction to the A-Series Adventure Path!
    Detailed maps by 3x ENnie Award winning Cartographer Todd Gamble.
    Designed to last between 2-3 hours and lead into A1: Crypt of the Sun Lord.
    Pre-generated characters complete with illustrations for fast play!
    VTT files included (maps, tokens, and more!)
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store...hp?id=AAW5EA00

There's one AAW example.

Thread Information