DICE PACKS BUNDLE

% activity for actions

Impressed by the movement % activity calculator built into the combat tracker.

How are folk handling % activities for other things.

EG A reload of a short bow is a 50% action

A missile attack is a30 to 60% action

Do you just track manually?

Wed night in our game we just tracked manually
    "Ok so the brigand has to reload, that is 50%. He has 50% left so he will fire at 50% and take a penalty of -10%"

is that how it is supposed to go?

It is mainly a manual process but there is a Act % field right next to the Init field on the combat tracker. You can put the total % in there and it will reduce it automatically by 100 after the combat tracker is moved to the next combatant. It helps me to keep track of what is happening for things like you mentioned and spell prep.

Blog Entries
    Yes very useful for something you start this round and finish part of the way through the next round.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Yup, most folks take the option of firing in the same round and so manually calc. the mods you noted above.
    for those taking “perfect” shots(Longbows @70+60%/Comp. Bows @60+60%/Short Bows @50+60%) or straight Class III Spell Prep + Casting(90+90+75%).

Add it up, and as Dakadin mentions: 100 will be taken off of the total each round that goes past them until whatever next round shows what % Activity has been taken for the current round of action and the shot/effect goes off.

Wait ‘til you fall further in love with the auto nega-mod one can double click for Movement actions taken in a round against 100% actions.
    =Click the Pace Drop Down and choose one(some GMs limit Jog/Run as free before MM rolls are needed to gauge effectiveness of reaching Point A to complete whatever next action a (N)PC taking).
    =Enter a Distance one wishes to move in ‘(feet).
    =Enter the MM% a GM lists once a MM/Movement Roll is made for said movement.
    =The total distance actually moved will show and relay the Maneuver Mod. that applies to whatever 100% action still wants to be attempted in a round.

...an example is moving to engage an enemy!
    character has a BMR(Base Movement Rate) of 100’
    GM says Pace Run(x2) is fine for free(no roll) move actions during combat rounds.
    Enemy is 30’ away.

So Dropdown is Run(x2)
    MM% is 100%
    Dist. is 30’

-the result should show a % Mod. of 15.
    Double clicking this will auto post it into the Modifiers bubble beside/under the chat window and any next roll will apply this Mod and show its label in the descriptive text of the resolution of said skill used.

Where once before GM’s/Players didn’t use this kind of calculation in their PnP games, now they can!
    Another layer of tactics, baby!

Thanks guys. Not spotted that act % field. We will give it a go.

Just one session with a simple fight with 1st level brigands and much of the fun and love for RM came flooding back.
    Plus the frustrations of can you get the spell to go off! ;-) And the lethality of RM combat - after the first brigand died in one blow from our tank.
    Even a 1st level brigands with a bow become a threat. That is what I love about this system.
    IN Pathfinder/D&D you dont get that fear of instant death to the same extent.

Played so many games (3-4 whole campaigns) between 1985 and about 2016 but not played since then.

And not done much on Shadow World - been all over Middle Earth but enjoying exploring a new world (to us).
    Last edited by rdenning; January 9th, 2021 at 13:52.

I have question that is part of action percentages. In core rules, first is done everything that is under 49%, then 50-100%. How this can be handled in system?

Also...are there any plans to introduce Initiative Point or Action Point system? We used to use that when we played instead of percentages.

That is awesome, and totally agreed - no other system gives one an adrenaline rush after a “simple” combat like RM!

SW is a very kewl setting with anachronistic things described from a magic-based post-apocalyptic world.
    i liken it to Fallout from Bethesda, but so many more millennia later where guns aren’t a thing as much, but if you encounter one, it is described as an intricate wand with dials and other non-Earth-knowledgable terms.

Enjoy the ride!

Quote Originally Posted by rdenning View Post
    Thanks guys. Not spotted that act % field. We will give it a go.

IN Pathfinder/D&D you dont get that fear of instant death to the same extent.

Played so many games (3-4 whole campaigns) between 1985 and about 2016 but not played since then.

And not done much on Shadow World - been all over Middle Earth but enjoying exploring a new world (to us).

Quote Originally Posted by Theros View Post
    Also...are there any plans to introduce Initiative Point or Action Point system? We used to use that when we played instead of percentages.
    I would like to add options like that in the future but it won't be any time soon because I have a lot to still get done already.

Thread Information