5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Hey @Zacchaeus, sorry for dredging up the past, but what about artificer infusions for weapons not included in your update? Like firearms, exotic weapons, etc? Should these be able to be created using the forge by chance? I can't seem to find appropriate templates to use for the infusion types. Maybe that would work?

The players can't use the Forge and so there's no templates for the infusions in the players book. The DM would need to make the item using the DMG and the weapon templates there.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    The players can't use the Forge and so there's no templates for the infusions in the players book. The DM would need to make the item using the DMG and the weapon templates there.
    Awesome. I'm the DM. How can I go about create templates that can be used via the forge by myself to replicate the functionality that Artificers have for infusions? Or am I instead encouraged as DM to just create a blank item manually? Are there guides on how to ensure items created are correctly interpreted by the system for effects?

Find the weapon that you want to add an infusion to and make a copy of it. Find an infused weapon and make a copy of that. Now unlock both so you can edit then. Copy from the infused item the specific details and paste into the one you want to make. There's no templates for firearms since there's mo magic firearms in 5e so you can't use the forge; my bad.

For magic weapons the only thing you need to worry about is the phrase that I highlighted and add magic to the weapon properties. If you are looking at other items find a similar infused item and just copy the text you need. You'll see the text in the infused item.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Find the weapon that you want to add an infusion to and make a copy of it. Find an infused weapon and make a copy of that. Now unlock both so you can edit then. Copy from the infused item the specific details and paste into the one you want to make. There's no templates for firearms since there's mo magic firearms in 5e so you can't use the forge; my bad.

For magic weapons the only thing you need to worry about is the phrase that I highlighted and add magic to the weapon properties. If you are looking at other items find a similar infused item and just copy the text you need. You'll see the text in the infused item.
    Got it. Thanks. Its manual then. I wasn't sure if there was a better way to do that or not.

Thread Information