Starfinder Playlist

FG Spell Templates Usable by Players?

Just wanted to ask a quick question before we hopped on these, but I saw the FG Spell Templates in the store for Unity (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store...SPELLTEMPLATES)

And was wondering if these are usable by players?

Currently the set we use are tokens that players can hotkey and drop on their own, so was wondering if these have a similar functionality? Wasn't exactly sure as they are described as being usable by the new image tools and the color picker, which is on the DM side I imagine?

Given some of the spells listed are instant-cast (cone of cold, etc) wanted to make sure they were player-usable before I hopped on potentially buying them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Eventide View Post
    Just wanted to ask a quick question before we hopped on these, but I saw the FG Spell Templates in the store for Unity (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store...SPELLTEMPLATES)

And was wondering if these are usable by players?

Currently the set we use are tokens that players can hotkey and drop on their own, so was wondering if these have a similar functionality? Wasn't exactly sure as they are described as being usable by the new image tools and the color picker, which is on the DM side I imagine?

Given some of the spells listed are instant-cast (cone of cold, etc) wanted to make sure they were player-usable before I hopped on potentially buying them.
    Those templates are indeed thought as to be added as an asset tile for the map, so, GM-controlled

Alrighty! Gonna probably just keep using the tokens we use then. Thanks for the answer! =3

Curious if templates for players might be in the works?

Thanks!

We have had a few discussions around this internally; since we would like to possibly make a specialized type of object for these scenarios. However, all of our developers are currently tied up with Lighting/Vision and Forge projects, in addition to ongoing maintenance and fixes.

@ddavison and I have tentatively set up a meeting to discuss next projects after those big ones in February; and this is one of the possible projects.

Regards,
    JPG

Thanks so much for responding!

That's awesome to hear! Thanks for the update!

In that talk about Spell tokens for players would be great if you can assign a token to a spell. Then when they cast Fireball from the Actions Tab, cone spells, ect: they drag the token out and it already had the radius set. They drop the token. It highlights all the chrs in the raduis. They click Save, then damage, and Bam... spell is done. I think I saw an extension do this once. This would make spell casting a lot more fun for the players. (Bonus maybe some animation)

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Fletcher View Post
    In that talk about Spell tokens for players would be great if you can assign a token to a spell. Then when they cast Fireball from the Actions Tab, cone spells, ect: they drag the token out and it already had the radius set. They drop the token. It highlights all the chrs in the raduis. They click Save, then damage, and Bam... spell is done. I think I saw an extension do this once. This would make spell casting a lot more fun for the players. (Bonus maybe some animation)
    mwaaah, that's JUST what i had in mind for a neat gadget to pull in my players!

Just another plug that this functionality is MUST for players, not just the DM, if for no other reason, thne the fact that there is some necessary back and forth about wher eto place the effect per the player's desires etc.. "No not there, over there!" and such...

Thread Information