FG Spreadshirt Swag

Thread: AT 4 robes

AT 4 robes

I want to equip a sorceror with AT 4 robes. (rather than him running about in AT 1 )

There does not seem to be anything with AT 2,3 or4 in items.

I tried opening an item of clothing ( a cloak) and making it AT 4 and equiping that but it did not show up in the AT box on combat chart.
    Any ideas?

You need to change the type to armor not clothing. Else you cannot select it.

Also AT 3 and 4 are actually quiet good compared to at 5 and 6 and really is for animals. You might be over protecting your spell caster. If you want to do anything my recommendation is give him Magic Robe AT2 +10, which increases his DB by 10 which is like giving him AT 5 or 6. Or increase it to 20 if you feel that is not enough.

I suggest always playing in the game rule else you may have issues later.

PS Robes are AT 2 btw not 1
    Last edited by Ardem; January 6th, 2021 at 00:31.
    ------------------
    Ardem

Discord: Ardem#4756
    Teamspeak Server: ts3.varidan.com.au
    Ultimate Licencse: FGC/FGU

Campaign Currently Running: Greenbrook Rolemaster FRP (Weekly Wednesday 8.00pm-11.00pm), YouTube Stream

Game/Ruleset created: Extinction Event
    Extensions created: Rolemaster FRP, XP Extension, Random Extension

OK thanks for that. Looking at it in the arms law charts, AT 2 is actually fairly poor compared to AT 1 - crits seem to occur at lower rolls.
    If AT 3 and 4 is meant to be natural AT for animals then unless he can get a +10 or +20 Robe as you say then actually AT 1 is better. I assume the idea is you can dodge easier in lighter clothing.
    Last edited by rdenning; January 6th, 2021 at 11:27.

Yup, you got it.
    Same for AT11 + AT12. Unless you have Wizard Schools that pride themselves with “school colours” that force pupils to wear Robes(AT2), allow casters AT1(Skins/plain clothes) to be fine.

As a fan of Dex-monkey builds, I always note to players that Qu is a key stat in the game, no matter the Profession.
    i make converts wherever I go, heehee.

Happy gaming.

PS: Beware handing out more than +10 plus Magic DB items as it is an arms race that will only have you power creeping your own game from not being able to hit your PCs.

To give an idea of power level for having AT4, just temporarily:

DRUIDS can cast Plantskin, and AT4 only lasts 1 round/level...and it is a 6th level spell.

Lookup other spells that give boni to DB in the ranges you are thinking and check out their levels for casting - they’re never permanent either. All good if you’re looking to play a power game.
    Beware if not, though.

It has been a few years since we played RM and I misremembered. I had in my head that AT 4 was thick robes etc.
    I see now that that is tough natural armour/hide.

The mage is currently in AT 1 and I am not planning any magic items for some while.

I dont mind a decent ammount of magic items - all part of the fun after all of a fantasy game - but spread out over the levels.

Yup, we all come from different power levels ourselves and so to each, our own.
    Happy Gaming and enjoy!

Thread Information