DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Thread: Targeting issue

Targeting issue

Hello!

Yesterday I was GM'ing a DnD 5E with my friends and one of them was having an issue while targeting an enemy.

We were playing ROTFM and in this player's turn he was targeting an enemy and when he made an attack roll the system was making the attack to another character (if he was targeting a Frost Giant the roll was resolved against another player).

This issue continued all night, no other player had this inconvenience... only this one guy. In the end, I needed to make all the rolls for this player.

What can we do to solve this?

Regards

Welcome to the FG forums!

Unfortunately, that isn't enough information to give you a definite answer.

1) Are you using any extensions?
    2) When this happens ask the player if they are targeting via the map and then double-click rolling their attack, or if they are dragging the attack to a token on the map or an entry on the combat tracker (CT). If they're targeting and double-clicking, then check in the CT to see exactly which target/s they had selected. Also hover over their token on the map to see which target lines appear - verify that they are the same targets.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Make sure also that they haven't clicked the little cross on the modifier box.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thanks for your quick reply,

We are using the D&D Official extension. The whole time I was checking the CT and making sure that he was targeting the right token, but no matter what the roll was resolved against another character.

I just checked with him about how he's targeting and making the roll. Basically: 1. he ctr+click the token he wants to attack, 2. he opens his char sheet, 3. he drags the dice from the action he wants to make, 3. he drops the dice on the chatbox.

Thanks, Zacchaeus! I wasn't aware of this, I'll make sure next time!

Quote Originally Posted by Vanthcrist View Post
    Thanks for your quick reply,

We are using the D&D Official extension. The whole time I was checking the CT and making sure that he was targeting the right token, but no matter what the roll was resolved against another character.

I just checked with him about how he's targeting and making the roll. Basically: 1. he ctr+click the token he wants to attack, 2. he opens his char sheet, 3. he drags the dice from the action he wants to make, 3. he drops the dice on the chatbox.
    Sounds like they're doing everything correctly. I think we'll need to see screenshots when this happens again to be able to get to the bottom of it - one from the GM and one from the player. Showing the whole desktop, with the chat window, combat tracker, modifier stack beneath the chat window and the PC sheet the roll was being made from all visible in the screenshot.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information