STAR TREK 2d20

Lost Omen Module Issues

Hi Trenloe,

Just bought the Lost Omens content that I was missing and decided to give all the content a revisit in FGU, and have come across two issues (well one and a minor complaint).

Real issue:

The Lost Omens Character Guide - GM Guide: This appears to be missing all content but the Images and NPCs, and the "- Player Guide" equivalent has everything but the NPCs. I thought the goal of splitting them was so the GM only had to have the "-GM Guide" version open. With this current implementation, the GM needs them both, and there will be some duplication.

More importantly, the previously mentioned Images - when opened - are actually from the Advanced Players Guide. At least, they are on my machine. This is the case for both the GM Guide and the Player Guide versions.

And the last issue (which is just down to me being pedantic), which I recognise is minor but is an issue nevertheless:

The available Lost Omens Modules are a bit of a mess in the Library. It would be nice if the titles, separate Player and GM versions, and categories for these could be normalised.

Thank you for all your and the other contributors continued hard work on everything PF2!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Surge View Post
    Hi Trenloe,

Just bought the Lost Omens content that I was missing and decided to give all the content a revisit in FGU, and have come across two issues (well one and a minor complaint).
    Hi! Thanks for taking the time to report these issues.

The Lost Omens Character Guide - GM Guide: This appears to be missing all content but the Images and NPCs, and the "- Player Guide" equivalent has everything but the NPCs. I thought the goal of splitting them was so the GM only had to have the "-GM Guide" version open. With this current implementation, the GM needs them both, and there will be some duplication.
    This structure is the current recommended structure for Fantasy Grounds modules. It came in just after I completed Lost Omens World Guide. The Player Guide should have all the player related information, and the GM Guide should just have the GM info, no duplicates from the Player Guide where possible. This actually results in less duplication. Negates broken links - where the GM links something player specific from the GM guide, but the players don't have access to it. So, the GM should open both guides, the players should open the Player Guide. I need to go back to change Lost Omens World Guide to use this structure.

More importantly, the previously mentioned Images - when opened - are actually from the Advanced Players Guide. At least, they are on my machine. This is the case for both the GM Guide and the Player Guide versions.
    Thanks for highlighting this. It's an issue in the SmiteWorks tool we use to create the conversions. I'll get that fixed and update the effected products.

And the last issue (which is just down to me being pedantic), which I recognise is minor but is an issue nevertheless:

The available Lost Omens Modules are a bit of a mess in the Library. It would be nice if the titles, separate Player and GM versions, and categories for these could be normalised.
    Thanks for highlighting this. I'll get it updated soon.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

FYI, the Player Guide version is fixed, but the GM Guide version Images still go to the Advanced Player's Guide Images.

Thank you for all your and the other contributors continued hard work on everything PF2!
    And all of the PF2 categories remain a mess. While not a necessary fix by any means, I feel that if this isn't kept on top of as products are released, it's going to get much worse down the road. I'd hate to imagine what the 3.5 / PF library categories would look like with a decent number of modules opened.

Thread Information