DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Unexpected behavior with LOS for rooms

I have a hallway with a couple of rooms and doorways and LOS defined like so:
    dm-los.jpg

From the DM view, with the token selected, it looks okay:
    dm-view.jpg

But from the player view, even with the door open, they cannot see into the room. When I force the player token inside, it looks okay, but not from outside, and the player cannot move themselves in.
    player-view.jpg

Is this something I've done wrong in my config of LOS?

Quote Originally Posted by anathemort View Post
    I have a hallway with a couple of rooms and doorways and LOS defined like so:
    dm-los.jpg

From the DM view, with the token selected, it looks okay:
    dm-view.jpg

But from the player view, even with the door open, they cannot see into the room. When I force the player token inside, it looks okay, but not from outside, and the player cannot move themselves in.
    player-view.jpg

Is this something I've done wrong in my config of LOS?
    I've seen two possible causes for this:

1. Is your LoS info attached to a layer which is in a folder of layers? (I speak of folders in the image sidebar, see the layers' list) Then that might be the cause; LoS does currently not behave correctly when the LoS stuff is in such a folder

2. Do you use a tool, like the Dungeoncraft LoS export tool? (was it Dungeoncraft?) As far as I know that tool also causes certain bugs with the LoS

To both questions, no. I don't have any layers and I have made these occluders by hand

los-layers.jpg
    layers.jpg

To both questions, no. I don't have any layers and I have made these occluders by hand

los-layers.jpg
    layers.jpg
    Hm, oki, then I do not know why this happens, maybe zip up your campaign folder and upload it here or so, then a dev can take a look

I can try to repro this in a standalone campaign. Or is there a way to export just the map and LOS rather than the whole campaign?

I can try to repro this in a standalone campaign. Or is there a way to export just the map and LOS rather than the whole campaign?
    Type /export into the chat (or click the export button in the library), then some dialogue opens where you can create a module just containing that map That module will then be in your modules folder; you may need to attach that map as jpg/png separately though such that one can have it as an asset which is used by that module

Yes, cool, this looks like it has what it needs with the occluders in db.xml.
    LOS issue.mod

I'm not seeing any issues
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    I'm not seeing any issues
    Is that from a separate player client? It looks like what I see from the DM view.

No, that's the player view.

The DM would see the entire map greyed out where the tokens haven't been. Players see black where they haven't been.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information