When: first session will be Jan 24th 6:30pm Eastern. Then, every other Sunday after that.
System: DnD 5e
VTT: FGU

Setting: This will be a semi-homebrew world. It will, at least initially, be based in a Kingdom of Dreymore (I'm calling it "Drama in Dreymore) which is inspired by Cormyr in Faerun (DnD Forgotten Realms World). We will flesh out this world, and its lore, together as we move through the campaign. I say semi-homebrew because, like the Kingdom itself, I will be pulling adventures and plot hooks from a lot of published sources. I will be drawing inspiration from Tales of the Yawning Portal, Ghosts of Saltmarsh, Guide to Wildmount, Dungeon Delve, and a bunch of randomness from DM’s Guild. Occasionally, I may even build something from scratch 😊. However, no matter what, it will all be customized to fit into our world and story.

This will be a Sandbox style game where you will have multiple adventure options each session, factions you can join, towns to visit, etc. I will attempt to have an “anchor” for the party (a guild, inn, house, etc) so that as people drop in and out, there can still be some continuity to the story (we don’t have to explain why there are 3 new characters and Bob the Dwarf is no longer here lol). Some adventures may be longer than 1 session, and there will be story lines that we will build on, but I will attempt to keep it episodic in nature to facilitate people coming and going. PC's will start at Lvl 1, but I hope we can keep this going and get to 20. That would be fun.

Sign ups: Go to my Discord server here: https://discord.gg/TkJzcYhP2a and send Jamie (that's me) a DM saying you would like to sign up. Each session will be limited to 5 players. It will be first come first serve, and the seats for the next session will be offered to those in the current session first. So, sign up as early as you can to ensure a spot. I currently have 3 players for the 24th, so just need 2 more. However, if you don't make it, I will put you on a waiting list and you will be the first contacted when there is an opening.

Cost of the game: This will be a pay to play game. However, it will be pay what you want/can. The purpose of this is to give players who want to play in this style of game, but can’t commit to a set amount per session, the ability to join in. If you want an idea of what this would normally cost, a game like this usually runs $10-$25 per seat, per session on startplaying.games. However, if you need to pay less or pay nothing it is not a problem at all. And, if you can pay more to cover others who can’t contribute, it is very much appreciated. All payments can be made through the “tip jar” channel on the discord server.
Honestly, I wish I could offer every game for free. However, this is an additional form of income that is taking the place of other, not so pleasant, odd jobs that I have been doing. This is an experimental payment system that I hope attracts players from all walks of life. However, if there is consistently little or no contributions my boss (AKA, my wife lol) may make me switch to a more conventional style of payment, or, since I don’t have time to do both, quite DMing commercially and go back to those other “not so pleasant” odd jobs.

My Profile: You can learn more about me here: https://startplaying.games/game-mast...97165899285000

If you have any questions about any of this rambling, please feel free to send me a direct message. 😊