5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 10 of 10 First ... 8910
    It's such a relief now that it works! Just changed the decimal number separation, then added the LoS to the module as it was intended and inserted it into FGU, created a new campaign and tested the module. WOW! It works! Unbelievable but true! What such a small character can do! If you could see all the new grey hairs! Anyway... To be on the safe side, I then set my computer to default and restarted it, then started a new campaign in FGU and loaded the updated module - it works without a hitch! Thanks again to Zacchaeus, Kelrugem, Waldbaer and Keaton. Without you I would still be in the dark!

Cool Then we have found the culprit and a workaround That has certainly only an influence in the extraction tool itself; once the module works it will always work because it cannot be a problem with the xml reading of FG itself, otherwise there should be a lot more problems

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    Hah, I got even more information, my previous guess why the language settings may influence this was true!

It is indeed due to the meaning of the dots and commas with respect to digits! Go to Windows' Region settings, click on advanced settings, and then again advanced settings, then you can change the decimal symbol and the digit grouping symbol. When the decimal symbol is a comma and the digit grouping symbol a dot (as in German, the opposite meaning than the English definition), then I get erronous extracts, even with the English UI! May also just result into that when just changing one of both

Detective Kelrugem to your service
    Great detective work Kelrugem. I spent a while trying to recreate it and completely missed that as a potential cause. I will have to check and see if there is a way to account for that somehow in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    Great detective work Kelrugem. I spent a while trying to recreate it and completely missed that as a potential cause. I will have to check and see if there is a way to account for that somehow in the process.

Would certainly be cool when it can be somehow fixed

Germany CET time zone [GMT+1/Summer GMT+2]
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    Detective Kelrugem to your service
    I have to bow before you Kelrugem - that is really great work. I lost like 4 hours of my life with this terrible problem and because of all the trees I could not see the forest Thanks a lot! Hope Doug could update the tool because I could never survive changing dots and commas on my keyboard forever

*bow*

Waldbaer
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    The One who walks the woods.
    [Ultimate licence]

.~~~~.
    i====i_
    |cccc|_)
    |cccc|
    `-==-'

Germany CET time zone [GMT+1/Summer GMT+2]
    Quote Originally Posted by Garou View Post
    It's such a relief now that it works! Just changed the decimal number separation, then added the LoS to the module as it was intended and inserted it into FGU, created a new campaign and tested the module. WOW! It works! Unbelievable but true! What such a small character can do! If you could see all the new grey hairs! Anyway... To be on the safe side, I then set my computer to default and restarted it, then started a new campaign in FGU and loaded the updated module - it works without a hitch! Thanks again to Zacchaeus, Kelrugem, Waldbaer and Keaton. Without you I would still be in the dark!
    Nice city you are living in by the way - it might be that we are neighbours because it's almost mine, too
    The One who walks the woods.
    [Ultimate licence]

.~~~~.
    i====i_
    |cccc|_)
    |cccc|
    `-==-'

Thread Information