5E Character Create Playlist

How do I get rid of unneeded grid lines on a custom map?

I made my first map today (nothing fancy) and set it as a 16 x 16 grid. How do I get rid of the grid lines outside of the 16 x 16 grid? I don't need to see this area, nor does anyone in the campaign. I just want only the useable portion to be gridded.

Not sure what you mean. Can you post a screenshot.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by TungstenShark View Post
    Here is a quick screenshot:

Screenshot 1.PNG
    The grid is either visible or hidden. there is no way to hide just a part of the grid. Perhaps you could set the grid color to black or gray, so it wouldnt show up further out?
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

You can set the alpha for the grid to zero in which case the map will still have a grid but it will be fully transparent/invisible. I do this for maps that have a grid already to reduce visual noise, but might work for your purposes as well. Just go to grid color picker and set the 'A' slider down to zero. Here's a screenshot, hope it helps:

transparent grid.jpg
    Last edited by darrenan; January 2nd, 2021 at 19:01.

You can reduce the opacity of the grid. Select the grid tool and then click on the colour icon and move the Alpha (A) slider to the left. This will make the grid less obvious (or even invisible if you move it far enough).
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I mean all the grey area around the grid map. Essentially everything outside the borders of the map. When I share the map, I only want the 16x16 grid visible. The rest of it is just useless space.

That you'll need to do outside of FG using something like GIMP, Photoshop, Paint.NET, etc. Sounds like you just want to crop the underlying image? Or is that grey space not part of the image? In which case you can use one of the 'Fit' options on the radial menu to either fill the entire view space with a portion of the image, or zoom the image to fit in the available space. You may need to resize the window as well. Keep in mind that your players will have total freedom to resize the window on their size, zoom in/out, pan, etc. so there's really only so much you have control over.
    Last edited by darrenan; January 2nd, 2021 at 19:06.

Quote Originally Posted by darrenan View Post
    You can set the alpha for the grid to zero in which case the map will still have a grid but it will be fully transparent/invisible. I do this for maps that have a grid already to reduce visual noise, but might work for your purposes as well. Just go to grid color picker and set the 'A' slider down to zero. Here's a screenshot, hope it helps:

transparent grid.jpg
    Good Day Darrenn
    Great Tip!! I had no idea this could be done. Makes the map so much cleaner. I hated when my players would say "Oh Look! We must be getting ready for combat a grid pattern just appeared at our feet!"

For a quicker hiding: The eye button on the left also make the grid invisible/visible

Thread Information