DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Program Window Size and Location normalization

So I use FGU in Windowed mode across multiple monitors. Recently I de-cluttered and re-wired my desk, in which I guess I switched the monitor ports or desktop configuration in some way. The effect of this is that FGU is always starting on the second monitor (on the right) stretching further right off the screen. This exacerbates several UI related problems that I am wondering if there are solutions to.

1) Every time I start FGU I need to drag it back to the first monitor. Also the Window position shifts ever so slightly (moving seemingly 1-2 pixels down and to the right). Is there a way to set the Window Size and position manually through a configuration file of some sort?
    1a) Every time there an update, the Window Size and position seems to reset... at which point if I don't resize it prior to starting the game I need to reposition all of my in game windows again (described below).
    2) Is there a way to pin the location and size of the various UI elements inside the game? Meaning NPCs always open in a specific location with a specific size? I've been using the "Single Window" extension and it somewhat accomplishes this... but it still has some issues and causes other complications. (e.g. Open NPC 123, size and place the window. Close NPC 123, open NPC XYZ and it needs resized and moved).

These honestly are not difficult to work through but they are definitely tedious after a while and take away from the overall usability/UX of the application. And god forbid things lag a bit and you accidentally resize the window, then everything is messed up in the middle of the game. This can throw a serious monkey wrench when it happens in the middle of a tense encounter and derail an exciting experience as I struggle to get things moved around and accessible again.

Failing switching your cabling back to what it was you can set your primary and secondary monitors in windows settings. AFAIK FG will always open in the primary monitor you set.

Yes, FG resizes whenever it updates. Not sure why, but it does. Reset you screen back to where it was before opening any other windows. FG remembers the position of each window that you had open when you last were in the campaign and it will open the window in the same place when you re-open it. (Note that this applies only to windows you had open - not a window that you didn't have open. So if you had opened NPC A at some point during your campaign then when you re-open that NPC it will open in the last place you had it. However if you've never had NPC B open then it will open somewhere in the middle of the screen the first time you open it.

You can't pin windows inside FG (they aren't really windows) but some always open in the centre of the screen (such as PC selection).
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I've already set the primary desktop in Windows... and it still starts on the secondary display for some strange reason. I'll tinker with switching cables around, but no other application seems to have this problem, which is the strange part.

Everything else I already do, which is fine, but as I mentioned it before... it gets tedious to repeat the same steps over and over with the application every time I start and/or update, so it provides a poor UX experience.

The app called "WindowManager" is the only thing I've found to make FGU behave properly. Otherwise it opens with a vertical offset the size of an unmaximized window title bar down the screen every time I reopen it (and of course when the updater is run). WindowManager makes it work the way it should by repositioning it after the main window opens.

Just as a further data point, here is the behavior I am seeing on the mac client. I use a MacBook Pro with an external display. Importantly, the dock (with FGU on it) is available on both displays.

If I set the internal display to primary (my initial setting), FGU will always open on the internal display.

If I set the external display to primary, FGU will open on the external monitor except when started from the an icon on the dock that is on the internal display. In that latter case it will open on the internal display.

(This issue was driving me batty until I found this thread. Thanks!)

Thread Information