STAR TREK 2d20
Page 74 of 89 First ... 2464727374757684 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by boppermann View Post
    From Kobold Press Vault of Magic, the Void-Touched Buckler says: "While wielding this shield, you have a +1 bonus to AC. This bonus is in addition to the shield’s normal bonus to AC." However, when you equip the shield, it grants you a +5 to AC instead of a +3 (+2 standard shield, +1 magic).
    I can't find Vault of Magic in the store. Can you link me to the store page please.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I don't see it in the store yet, I've gotten it through an activation key from the Kickstarter fulfillment.
    Product Name: Vault of Magic for 5th Edition
    Product ID: KPFGVOM5E
    The page I was able to get is this: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store...p?id=KPFGVOM5E

Thanks; I'll let the developer know.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

LordEntrails suggested that I post this 5E bug here.

Hi,

Do you know why some NPCs with damaging concentration spells include a concentration save clause in the CT to make them roll saves, and for some that clause is missing?

Below are examples of correctly parsed Wall of Fire for the Efreeti ("EFF: Wall of Fire; (C) (D:1 MIN) (T:SELF)" is present) and incorrectly parsed Insect Plague from the Planetar (the EFF: ...(C)..." clause is missing.

It looks like it might be a parsing bug.

Web

concentration bug.png

No, it's not a parsing bug; the Concentration effect is, I believe, hard coded in most cases. This one has already been pointed out actually and is fixed in the next update currently in test.

I am not sure who needs to know, but MIDGARD WORLDBOOK 5e...

There are two Midgard entries. The wrong one, the one with the incorrect product name, has plenty of images under it. The correctly named one only has a broken one.

Missing are a bunch of tables from the back of the book. Twenty Encounter Tables for Midgard and the Planes starting on pg 438 of the physical book. Yeah, 20 missing tables. I will guess that they weren't sure how to handle it without links to the listed creatures (i.e. wanted to make it better by using links to other tomes) and then just never got it in there.

None of the needed tables are linked in for the GNOLL CARAVAN RAIDER background. They are there, just not easily accessible or in the expected place.

I recently raised a bit of heck about readability needing to be a minimal standard for maps such as this and I was discussing a map from a 10 year old product. This is extremely disappointing. If I were the publisher, I'd be disappointed in the degradation of quality. They do pay to have nice maps made and tend to be proud of their cartography. It *is* a selling point. And this isn't the only map with readability issues.

All of this is from a 1 hour fairly casual review of the material. Is there a QA process? I ask because it doesn't much look like it.

EDIT: More things...

Vial of Sunlight - misspelt as Vials of Sunlight
    TABLE 1–7: SHADOW ROAD LORE table missing (pg 41)
    Table NEW INDEFINITE MADNESS misnamed as INDEFINITE MADNESS

I am not sure that any of the maps have a scale enabled. I have gridded and scaled a couple. It can be done, but like the maps, the possible resolution in scale is poor. Anyhow, it can be done:

Last edited by Topdecker; November 16th, 2021 at 04:25. Reason: Moar

That's not the only KP product where the maps have been less than perfect. Empire of the Ghouls, is another product where the resolution of the maps make them nearly unplayable. I was lucky, as the initial release had maps that were at a great resolution. I submitted LoS details, then, they changed the maps, and we ended up with this.

I managed to have a copy of the module from a backup, that I now have to copy over after every update, otherwise I can't use the maps. The original file size was 132.8mb, whereas the current one is 35mb.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by spoonhead; November 16th, 2021 at 08:34.

I'll let the developer know.

Quote Originally Posted by spoonhead View Post
    I managed to have a copy of the module from a backup, that I now have to copy over after every update, otherwise I can't use the maps. The original file size was 132.8mb, whereas the current one is 35mb.
    You should try copying the images - it might save you some work.

Thanks for letting me know about this. I have the VTT map pack and PDF for EotG and I have most of the hi-res maps LOS data plugged in. I have already arrived at the conclusion that I will never buy anything with classic listed as being compatible unless it is primarily rules. Classic, the mark of old standards.

1. Tasha's Cauldron of Everything - Players
      The Optional Eldritch Invocations for the Warlock are not named with the suffix "(option)" like the rest of the features, this is resulting in this feature not being added to the character sheet since it shares a name with the Feature from the PHB.
    2. Player's Handbook
      Small typo in the Feature Hypotonic Gaze, extra space between letters
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information