STAR TREK 2d20
Page 4 of 89 First ... 234561454 ... Last

Pipyap's Guide has an empty NPC stat block

FGU Version: 4.0.6 ULTIMATE (2020-12-23)
    Product: Pipyap's Guide to all of the Nine Hells
    System: D&D 5E
    Detailed Description: When playing through the adventures contained in this module, there are two links to the stat sheet for Grazulkul the bone devil in "Reunited and it feels so good". One link is before the players are transported to the prime material plane and the second is right afterwards. Both links to Grazulkul lead to a "<<New Personality>>" NPC stat sheet with all 10s for stats. This was probably a placeholder that the creator just forgot to fill in.

Quote Originally Posted by Comradovich View Post
    Detailed Description: When playing through the adventures contained in this module, there are two links to the stat sheet for Grazulkul the bone devil in "Reunited and it feels so good". One link is before the players are transported to the prime material plane and the second is right afterwards. Both links to Grazulkul lead to a "<<New Personality>>" NPC stat sheet with all 10s for stats. This was probably a placeholder that the creator just forgot to fill in.
    I've moved this post to the 5E bug report threads. Please post issues with official 5E products in this thread - it makes it more likely that the relevant dev will see the issue and address it. Thanks!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Comradovich View Post
    No, it's because the creator had Spine Devil in the link instead of Bone Devil. I'll get that fixed.
    Last edited by Zacchaeus; January 5th, 2021 at 18:21.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Hi, in the LMoP module, there are several places in the Story pages where there's a link to "Rulebook: Cover" that just goes to the Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes cover page. When this happens there's no 'back' navigation button available. The places I've seen this so far are in Cragmaw: General Features, 1. Cave Mouth, 2. Goblin Blind.

When I unloaded the MToF module it worked as intended (showed the rulebook page that it should show).

Welcome to FG.

I’m not sure I can do anything about that. The link is pointing to a reference page with the name cover. It will pop up the first such page that it comes to and that will depend on which modules you have open. It should of course open the page from the PHB or from the basic rules. I’ll have a look and see if I can maybe change the name of the ref page, but I suspect there are a few such links which might not hit the right place and there are a lot of modules now with likely similar page names.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thanks for getting back so quickly! I suspect there's really not a great answer to this as you point out because of the redundant use of page names. However the 'back' functionality would be great, even when it's working as intended, because you have to start over (so to speak) if you do click on a reference link such as the one I mentioned (cover).

Quote Originally Posted by joefour View Post
    Thanks for getting back so quickly! I suspect there's really not a great answer to this as you point out because of the redundant use of page names. However the 'back' functionality would be great, even when it's working as intended, because you have to start over (so to speak) if you do click on a reference link such as the one I mentioned (cover).
    When you click the link it should pop out the page linked to in a separate window. Are you not seeing that? (This is in Unity - Classic may be different).
    Attached Images Attached Images

I think the issue here, somehow, was the way I got to the link. First I clicked on images/maps. I opened the Sword Coast map. Then I clicked on the link for Goblin Ambush. Clicking forward through the adventure from here, when I got to Cragmaw: General Features then clicked Cover, the Cover page opened and the previous window was gone. If I click the 'back' button I get Making an Attack. I got the same result clicking on the pin for Cragmaw Castle.

Not a huge deal but figured it was worth reporting.

(Oh and yes - in Unity)
    Last edited by joefour; January 7th, 2021 at 13:30.

Ah, right. Yes. Opening a pinned link will just open the page that it is linked to (rather than opening the reference manual as a whole) and if you click links in that page then it will replace the existing page.

Thread Information