FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 29 of 89 First ... 1927282930313979 ... Last
    This is probably less of a bug and more of a suggestion:

In the Dragon of Icespire Peak module, the maps for the Roof and Undercroft at Icespire Hold are simply named "Roof" and "Undercroft" respectively. This makes them challenging to find when you are searching for maps in the Images directory using terms like "Icespire". It would be improved if these maps were named "Icespire-Hold-Roof-Players" and "Icespire-Hold-Undercroft-Players" to match the nomenclature of the main battle map of the area, or something along those lines. I spent quite a bit of time trying to figure out why the "Icespire-Hold-Players" map was cut off until I finally stumbled across a 2020 bug post about this issue.

I have since figured out that you can find the maps by searching for the Icespire Hold story in the Story directory and opening that link, which has links to all the maps, but I commonly go straight to the Images window and search for the map I'm looking for. Using this method, the maps "Roof" and "Undercroft" are too general to be readily findable on short notice. Hopefully a simple rename of these maps would make them more easily findable via different search methods.

Thank you for all of your amazing efforts on these modules!

The idea is that you wouldn't go searching for maps but rather use the links in the story and/or reference manual to open the maps during play. But you have a reasonable point. I generally do indicate maps with a player or DM suffix (or place them in folders marked DM and players). For whatever reason I didn't do that for those two maps.

And welcome to FG.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thanks! I've been using it a few months now, running my first campaign as a mash-up of LMoP and DoIP. (And now I'm threading in some Yawning Portal content because the Undercroft just begged me to be more than it is in the book. =D ) You actually helped me get my bearings with the early part of the LMoP module right when I first got started, for which I am quite grateful! Thank you for being a helpful presence and for constructing such thorough modules.

And, yes, I probably should get used to using the story sections to link to maps, but I have hard-copies as well and find myself switching between the hard copies for text and FGU for the mechanics. So my current tendency is just to search for the image. Probably not quite as the system was intended to be used, but I'd imagine I'm not the only one doing some hybrid shenanigans. =)

Thanks again.

Blog Entries
    This little text formatting issue is in the Unearthed Arcana Module. Race: Halfling. Subrace: Mark of Healing
    Untitled.png
    Current Projects:
    Always...
    Community Contributions:
    Extensions: Bardic Inspiration, Druid Wild Shapes, Local Dice Tower, Library Field Filters
    Tutorial Blog Series: "A Neophyte Tackles (coding) the FG Extension".

Wholly intentional to see if anyone was paying attention

I’ll take a note.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Wholly intentional to see if anyone was paying attention

I’ll take a note.
    Yay! A left over Easter Egg!

In Tomb of Annihilation:
    • Encounter 03.18.02 10B.Puzzle Floor: The NPC for the dart trap (Trap - Ijins Puzzle Floor) does 2 (1d4) piercing damage, but dragging from the NPC sheet or CT rolls 21d4 (some really strong darts). It appears this is because the description is "Hit. 2 (1d4)..." instead of "Hit: 2 (1d4)..." (semi-colon after hit).
    • On Player Map - Ijins Shrine, there is a missing terrain occluder for the cobwebs in the north east corridor before the door (other cobwebs all have terrain occluders).

Quote Originally Posted by Ecks View Post
    In Tomb of Annihilation:
    • Encounter 03.18.02 10B.Puzzle Floor: The NPC for the dart trap (Trap - Ijins Puzzle Floor) does 2 (1d4) piercing damage, but dragging from the NPC sheet or CT rolls 21d4 (some really strong darts). It appears this is because the description is "Hit. 2 (1d4)..." instead of "Hit: 2 (1d4)..." (semi-colon after hit).
    • On Player Map - Ijins Shrine, there is a missing terrain occluder for the cobwebs in the north east corridor before the door (other cobwebs all have terrain occluders).
    Noted, thanks Ecks.

When creating a +1 Longbow with the magic item forge, the resulting item lacks the "magic" property for damage. Looking at it, it seems the template from the DMG for "Weapon, +1" lacks the "magic" property. Adding this to the template before clicking "Forge Magic Item" seems to work. Should the magic property be added to the +1/2/3 Weapon templates?

The item templates for Ammunition +1/2/3 don't include what the bonus is in the description (it's only in the title). Once forged, the resulting item doesn't include what the bonus is. For example: An Arrow from the PHB combined with the "Ammunition, +1" template from DMG results in an item titled "Arrow" with the description "You have a bonus to attack and damage rolls..." but without any indication of what the bonus is.

I suspect that the forge is now beginning to show its age. The addition of the magic property was implemented after the forge was created (the forge coming out at the same time as the original DMG). But I get your point that the template should really include the magic property. This'll reuqire a ruleset change I think so not something I can do but I''ll push it up the line.

As for ammunition these items have never been weapons and so wouldn't have any properties. I suspect that only in the case of weapons or armour does the title change. But again you are correct that the + should be in the title I think. Again I'll push this one up the line for someone to have a look at.

Thread Information