FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 22 of 89 First ... 1220212223243272 ... Last
    Thanks, I'll add that to my list.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

It looks like there are a couple of problems with the Lichen Lich stat block.
    The Fire Storm action got combined with the Wither action and the Grove lair action is missing most of the text.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarnon View Post
    It looks like there are a couple of problems with the Lichen Lich stat block.
    The Fire Storm action got combined with the Wither action and the Grove lair action is missing most of the text.
    Oops, thanks for the report. I'll get that fixed.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    You need to open the players module in order to use the classes. They only appear in the refmanual in the DM module.
    This doesn't seem to be consistent with other modules - for example, I'm able to see the Xanathar class additions with only the DM module loaded. Ideally, as a DM I'd only have to load the DM module to have all content available - if I have to load both then I end up with many duplicate entries (i.e. all Tasha's spells are duplicated if I load both the DM and Player's version of Tasha's just to get access to Tasha's class additions, same with the PHB, etc.).

Alternatively as the DM if loading both the DM's and Player's books didn't cause other duplication then the behaviour you mentioned would also be logical to me.
    Last edited by Ilandria; March 22nd, 2021 at 00:41.

Welcome to FG.

Originally class, race etc information was included in both but I got complaints of too much duplication. So, the practice for some time has been to not include player only info in the DMs module and only include it in the players version. Unless the DM is creating characters they don’t need to have the players module open. I would go back and change earlier modules but that would then cause issues with characters which used the DM versions during character creation.

Spells need to be available to both players and the DM so they are included in both. There is only one version of the PHB and so only one spell list; make sure you don’t also have the basic rules and/or the SRDdata modules open as well.

On paper that makes sense to me, I guess the confusion just stems from the fact that it's inconsistent but not communicated clearly, and that using the system as-intended (or at least what I think is the intended way) still results in duplicate entries.

We actually elected to stop using the "Player's" versions of any books because the stuff I would add to their characters (specifically when helping them create characters) would end up being duplicate entries compared to what they added (since I had the DM's version and they had the Player's version).

The switch to "we disable and nobody uses the Player versions" completely solved the problem for us until we added Tasha's when my Bard friend wanted to use College of Eloquence and my Wizard friend wanted to use Bladesinging. When I asked them to unload the DM version and instead load the Player's version, we went back to having the issue of two entries that looked the same but were actually different in many cases (spells primarily).

All of that said, I might just be missing some basic "how to" stuff here since we've only been using the program for about a month (side note: FGU is amazing - thank you!).

Is there a way where we can retroactively clean up the system such that any duplicates created from the DM using the DM's versions and the players using the Player's versions integrate more seamlessly with one another? I will try swapping the players over to only Player versions again and see what happens...
    Last edited by Ilandria; March 22nd, 2021 at 01:11.

This really isn’t a bug report which is what this thread is for.

I’m not fully understanding what the issue is. Players should only have access to the players versions of any of the modules. They should not have access to the DM versions. For classes I always recommend that you drag the class from the PHB. Use the drop down at the top of the class list to select only the PHB list and choose from there. Use that consistently and you can’t go wrong. Any archetypes found in other modules will pop up as a choice at the given level. So, your bard will get the choice of the Tasha’s archetypes if they drag the Bard class in from the PHB provided they have Tasha loaded. There’s no need to drag in from Tasha’s.

For races it’s the same for the main races in the PHB. Chose from there and you will get all the sub races from any other module that has sub races and is loaded. You’ll need to use Volo or whatever other module if you want one of the races specific to that volume.

If you are using the character wizard then there’s no duplication at all since it offers only one choice for each class and race etc rather than the lists which could have duplicates depending on what you have loaded.

Spells are duplicated in Tasha because of the new class that appears in that book, but again the wizard only offers one no matter how many there are. Again make sure your players don’t have access to the basic rules and the SRD data if you have the PHB. Opening these will cause many useless duplicates.

Once you select from one volume you need to stick to that unless you start the character again from scratch.

Rime of the Frostmaiden
    Story 03.08.00 - The Encounter at the bottom of the page is empty
    Story 03.13.03 - The Trinket Table points to an empty table
    Last edited by ValerionWolf; March 22nd, 2021 at 07:15.

Quote Originally Posted by ValerionWolf View Post
    Rime of the Frostmaiden
    Story 03.08.00 - The Encounter at the bottom of the page is empty
    Story 03.13.03 - The Trinket Table points to an empty table
    Both are available from the masterindex. Until Lighting and Vision are released, it is currently locked down as a testing module for these features.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

A couple of bugs:
    There is a typo in the description block for the spell Skywrite in D&D Xanathar's Guide to Everything. The word dissipate has a hyphen in the middle. The same spell from D&D Elemental Evil - Player's Companion does not have this typo.

The Engulf ability on Shambling Mound in D&D Monster Manual cannot apply the restrained condition. There is a typo in the syntax.

Thread Information