DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 12 of 89 First ... 210111213142262 ... Last
    In Odyssey of the Dragonlords, in the Player's module there are places where apostrophes and em dashes are instead shown as an invalid character / little square in FGU. I thought I saw a post that this was fixed, perhaps the player's module was missed?

You can see an example in the Players module Reference Manual, Chapter 1, The History of Thylea:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks, I'll make sure the developer gets to know.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecks View Post
    In Odyssey of the Dragonlords, in the Player's module there are places where apostrophes and em dashes are instead shown as an invalid character / little square in FGU. I thought I saw a post that this was fixed, perhaps the player's module was missed?

You can see an example in the Players module Reference Manual, Chapter 1, The History of Thylea:
    Hmm, this was specifically fixed in December.
    rob2e - Join me on Discord!
    Become a Patron!
    Follow me on the Twitters
    Come watch the Twitches... twitch.tv/rob2e
    Also my YouTube Channel
    Available on the FORGE
    My Dungeon Master's Guild Material

Hello, I'm reporting some bug in fantasy grounds unity in steam discussion, and someone suggested me to post here. (hope i went to right place).

anyways, this is what i wrote in steam :
    I know there is a feature that we write some syntax in NPC action to make it click-able from combat tracker.
    The problem is somehow my FG(core) and FG(unity) auto formating the text in combat tracker, thus make the text is un-clickable. (It replace all uppercase with lowercase)

E.g :
    I write : Bite [M] [ATK: +5] [DMG: 1d8+3]
    it shows : Bite [m] [atk: +5] [dmg: 1d8+3]

I write : bite [M] [Attack:+3]
    it shows : Bite [m] [attack:+3]

it's a bug? or somehow my windows settings auto-formatting the text?
    Screenshot_1476.png
    Screenshot_1480.png

FG expects a certain syntax when inputting automation for attacks. Here is an example of an attack from a pre-made NPC.

Capture.PNG

The window in the right is the proper way to setup an attack with the name of the attack in the title and "Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 4 (1d4 + 2) slashing damage." in the body.

Ex
    Melee/Ranged Weapon/Spell Attack: +-# to hit, reach # ft., one target. Hit: # (#d# +- #) <type of damage> damage.

The method you elected would be great to add a impromptu attack directly to the NPC after hitting enter on the last line of the last attack in the CT. You can input the first Bite attack onto that line to roll. I would suggest using the first method of adding attacks to custom NPCs. You can get more information here: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...and+Encounters
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    FG expects a certain syntax when inputting automation for attacks. Here is an example of an attack from a pre-made NPC.

Capture.PNG

The window in the right is the proper way to setup an attack with the name of the attack in the title and "Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 4 (1d4 + 2) slashing damage." in the body.

Ex
    Melee/Ranged Weapon/Spell Attack: +-# to hit, reach # ft., one target. Hit: # (#d# +- #) <type of damage> damage.

The method you elected would be great to add a impromptu attack directly to the NPC after hitting enter on the last line of the last attack in the CT. You can input the first Bite attack onto that line to roll. I would suggest using the first method of adding attacks to custom NPCs. You can get more information here: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...and+Encounters
    Can you help me by showing what you write on NPC template page, especially on NPC action?
    because my problem is when I write proper syntax on NPC action, it changes the syntax once I dragged the NPC to combat tracker.

Screenshot_1481.png

It will change the attack line once it gets put on the combat tracker to this format:

Bite [M] [ATK: +5] [DMG: 1d8+3]

If you setup the attack on the NPC record with this format:

Bite
    Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 8 (1d8 + 3) piercing damage.

You can also see this format with pre-made NPCs. Also the link I provided can assist as well.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

You are trying to add effects to the NPC rather than the wording which FG expects. See here for more information on the text strings that are required https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...Weapon-Attacks

So in your case you want - Bite attack. Melee Weapon Attack: +3 to Hit, reach 5ft., one target. Hit: 8 (2d6 +2) slashing damage.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    It will change the attack line once it gets put on the combat tracker to this format:

Bite [M] [ATK: +5] [DMG: 1d8+3]

If you setup the attack on the NPC record with this format:

Bite
    Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 8 (1d8 + 3) piercing damage.

You can also see this format with pre-made NPCs. Also the link I provided can assist as well.
    Thank you, problem solved.
    so I misunderstood the function, since the click-able function are located in same line as the title, I tried to input the syntax on title. But I was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by vein View Post
    Thank you, problem solved.
    so I misunderstood the function, since the click-able function are located in same line as the title, I tried to input the syntax on title. But I was wrong.
    No worries, glad to help sort it out. We all started somewhere.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Thread Information